
John had an early 15 month appointment with Dr. Sara. We have a HUGE announcement. Deep breath. Drum roll. Deep breath. John is in the 40th percentile for height and weight, weighing in at 23 lbs 15 ounces. What a peanut! I cannot believe it. All those people that have been calling my child a moose (ahem, me) can just feast their eyes on this sweet little petite guy. Chris is convinced that the chart is way off.
Good thing I love our pediatrician so much, because we sure do see her a lot. For having 2 kids under the age of 3 that are not really ever sick sick, we are in that waiting room monthly it feels like. I just made an appointment for Ellie's 3 year and the baby's 2 week appointment, so it looks like it is starting all over again!

Aunt Cece came home for a long visit. We are so proud of my sister for up and leaving her big girl day job and committing full time to an even bigger girl day job, Courtney Callahan Paper.

Court will be working full time on the company she has started and launching it even further. We are so proud of her and her leap. Now if I could only get Chris to agree to me making the same leap and committing full time to our family and laying on our couch (kidding, I would only lay on my couch during nap time obviously :)

Ellie and John love when their Aunt Cece comes to town. Like all the good aunts out there, Courtney comes bearing presents, fun and LOTS of attention to 2 very eager participants. Court's accessories are WAY more fun! I mean, who has fun w/ a single set of pearl studs and a good pair of black flats?

We have also been super busy beating the St. Louis heat. Which has actually been fairly non-existent. Today is our first real hot day, but without the humidity that we are really used too, it hasn't been that bad.
That is no excuse to not hit up our favorite snowcone stand, Tro Mo! Ellie's request "purple with lots of candy and whipped cream on top". She got the candy, and the purple (which tasted like cough syrup but to Ellie it "really hit the spot"), but thankfully whipped cream is not an option. Not sure if I could handle watching my kids eat whipped cream. Watching them drink milk is enough to put me over the edge. If they ate ranch, I would for sure see an early grave. Sorry, sidetracked.

When we are not eating ice cream and snowcones (which sadly is more than you think), we are at the pool! Our pool is open for business and we have been taking full advantage. Last year the pool was a cake walk. John was 3-4 months old last season and after an occasional dip, spent the rest of the day fast asleep in the shade in his carseat. This year, notsomuch. The pool and water has created an ANIMAL! Diving headfirst under the water, no problem. The deep end, bring it. The slide head-first, why not! VERY unlike his older overly cautious sister, John seems to believe he is part fish. I am sure the other mother's think we are a serious harm to our children or in training to become the next underwater survival instructor in the St. Louis area. John spends most of his time at the pool under the water. Yes, we never take our eyes off of him (we learned our lesson in Florida with Ellie), and we are always on top of him (Chris is embarrassed with how closely I follow him), but we can't keep him up. He thinks he is beyond hysterical to dive under. While this is all fun and good while we are right there with him, it has brought a whole new level of terror and anxiety to me. Bathroom doors are closed, toilet seats are down (yes, I actually told Chris this, he almost left me), the baby pool is always left empty, and both kids are signed up for high intensity swim lessons to begin in the fall. I grew up in the water. I have never had a fear of the water and can never remember a time when I didn't know how to swim. This is how I want my kids to be. So I can at least sleep at night.
Lots of busy pool time, leads to really long naps. I have even participated. If you know me, you know I don't nap. But I can't keep up with these two at the pool!

When I am being super lazy (daily), we hit up the pool in our backyard! Since we are rarely home, my kids love being at home in their backyard, playing with toys they rarely get to play with. They could sit in our baby pool for days! Even better when clothes are optional and popsicles are allowed in the shallow end.

Poor buddy got a little hot!

On Saturday, Chris took the kids down to the Race for the Cure. Chris has been a steadfast and committed racer for as long as I have known him. He goes by himself, but started taking Ellie last year. I have sat out the past couple of years due to pregnancy and newborns.. but cannot wait to re-join the family tradition.
At the time of her death, many different cancers took over my mother in law's body, but it all stemmed from her original breast cancer. A horrible breast cancer that should have taken her 25+ years ago. We were blessed with those borrowed years and will forever be thankful to God for the time we had. She was a huge Komen supporter and loved the Race for the Cure! I am sure she was racing right along side of Chris and her grandbabies this past weekend. Ellie can't stop talking about the really big "pink race for Gommy downtown" and I think she is hooked! Who wouldn't be? The sight of all those pink survivor shirts will always give me the chills and be so proud of the legacy that Chris' mom left behind. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the awesome battle that my dad and mother in law endured/have endured. I am so proud of Chris and his commitment to the race!

And this little girl.. She has a big fall ahead of her. Like her mother, I am sure change will be hard for her. I am confident that she will adapt to all the new changes in stride, but I know there will be more than a few bumps in the road.

Saying goodbye to the only "babysitter" she has known (crying right now), to starting a brand new school, to welcoming a new baby brother or sister, to taking on a greater big sister role, to starting swim lessons, to beginning dance lessons.. This will be quite a year for her! I will be right there next to you my little Ellie-Bee, probably crying harder than you :)
As for us. We are trucking along. 32.5 weeks and counting. Cannot believe we are in the single digit week mark to meeting this baby. I have my good days and my worse days. My good days are great.. my bad days, watch out. Some say it is the heat. I say it is the 2 extremely young and extremely active children that live in the rooms next to me :) I never realized how much they don't sit down until the past few days. Chris has been beyond amazing with my mood swings and complaints (even though I really keep my complaints to a minimum to really save them for when I mean it). I couldn't ask for a nicer, more patient husband.

2 comments:
I love seeing all these pictures and here about the summer! However, I can't believe that you think Johnny Bear will go flying into the toilet bowl. Come on now?!
*Hear about the summer
Post a Comment