Wednesday, November 17, 2010

firsts

This week has been a week of firsts.. first pigtails, first pedicure, first toothbrush, first potty trip... but let me back up.

First pigtails. These lasted for about 20 minutes. I was impressed. For a girl who hates anything on her head, she made her mama proud. I need to go and get some teensy rubber bands this week to keep it up. And I think there will be a lot more bows in her stocking this year. We have really been working on them!

 
First pedicure.. It was between: Pinking of You and Paint my Moji-toes Red (which is really more of a melon). She chose the Moji-toes.

                      
Chris was interested as to how this would go down, so he stuck around to watch. I set her up in my lap w/ a towel under up and started painting. Amazingly, she sat so still and didn't try and move her toes or feet. Chris stood above us with a blow drying to enhance the speed of drying. She loved it! She can't stop touching her toes and looking down at them. It cracks me up. My sister told me I was on my way to being a pageant mom. A girl at work asked me the other day if Ellie's ears were pierced. I gave her a horrifying NO! We got our ears pierced for our 1st Communion, and now that even sounds too young for me. But then again, I painted my one year old's toes last night. (ps, the ears piercing is totally a personal choice, I am sure your darlings look adorable w/ their studs :)
The finished product:

First toothbrush. My parents had Ellie for the weekend while Chris and I went hunting (okay, I didn't really go hunting, but went along for the ride). Post + pictures + video to come (I will put a warning on the blog :). When we get back, Ellie showed us that Grandma got her her very own tiny pink toothbrush. Now, Ellie is a girl after my own heart. I have very fond memories of brushing my teeth. I was that nerdy child that LOVED going to the dentist and I still do. One of my favorite feelings is my gums throbbing after a good check-up (yes, you can be creeped out). I would brush my teeth several times a day, and I think my mom had to hide the toothpaste from me at times. So Ellie has been wondering around the house w/ a toothbrush that her Uncle Sean left for months and loves to "brush" her teeth. So, it was only natural for her to get her own toothbrush. I hope her love for dental hygiene continues when I take her to her first check-up (when do you do that, BTW?)
I unfortunately have not captured any pictures of Ellie and her beloved toothbrush.. but another picture of her other obsession.. sweeping.



First potty. If we can call it that. I am totally hoping that I am not one of those mothers that document every potty trip for the world to see, and I pray I will never Facebook status about it.. (which brings me to other facebook status issues I have-- statusing about your dilation and effacement.. but I was never dilated or effaced, so I guess I cannot judge).. but ask me in about 6 months to a year when I really start potty training. BUT, this one is funny. Ellie is starting to really know what is going on around her. Words are slowing starting to come out, and she is understanding commands and questions. When you ask her if she is going "potty" she nods a very enthusiastic YES! And she is always right, yes, in fact, she does need her diaper changed at that moment. Lately, when you ask her, she has been walking into the bathroom and leaning against the toilet. So I just thought last night while we were getting ready for bath to put her on there and see what she would do. She hated being up on that throne and immediately wiggled to get down. So whatever, I put her down.. The second the feet hit the tile of the bathroom, bam, pee all over the floor. We decided that we are getting closer and closer and one day it will have to make it into the toilet, right?

I just realized that this whole post is about me being a pageant mom. Man alive. Next up, she will be sleeping in hard rollers like Courtney and I had to do on the eve of Legionette performances. Our years as American Legionette's is a WHOLE different post.
I am sure you all are just fascinated by this post, but I am off to buy spray tanner and teeth caps for our next show! And with that, I will leave you with a cute picture of Ellie and her daddy. 

2 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

Omg, this post cracks me up. Toddlers and Tiaras here you come. And are you suuuure she chose Moj-i-toes for her pedi?

Kelly Fleming said...

Umm...I think that those teeth caps are called Flippers :)

Let's make a playdate at Clairs for a ear piercing party :)



blogger template by lovebird