Christmas Cookie Baking has kicked off in the Petes household! As I post, I am listening to Pandora Christmas. Right now, Amy Grant's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. It feels like I am at the McAllister's house eating junk and watching rubbish. Don't worry, Ellie did not participate in any of the dumping of the ingredients for all of those that will be eating these in the next couple of days. Also, not quite sure why the pictures are fuzzy. I think it is the setting on my camera. Again, please excuse the chocolate dribble, Ellie kept sneaking my chocolate chips!
Towards the end of the batter making, Ellie checked out.She thought laying w/ her dad watching hockey was more fun. Whatever. She obviously didn't get to lick the spoon. (She better behave next time when we are at our cookie baking party with our friends in a few weeks).

I thought I would post our first recipe of the season for all of you to enjoy. These were a hit in my house (meaning w/ Chris and me).. but I think the addition of the high fructose corn syrup really added something!
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup 2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.




1 comment:
love it. you guys are going to be cookie pros by the 18th!
Post a Comment