Chris fullfilled his life long dream of going deer hunting this past weekend. Did anyone else know that deer hunting season is only 10 days? I didn't either. Chris was delighted to be invited with my friend Kate's husband and crew to kick off the season in style. Kate and I joined the boys on Saturday night for fun! (I have edited the pictures, but felt very Mare-like posting a couple of post hunt pictures :)
Early Saturday AM, Chris in his tree stand stalking the deer. I decided I could not do anything of this nature. First of all, I would wet my pants just walking in the silent dark to my tree stand. I have trouble going from my car to the house after 6pm without thinking there is a robber lurking behind my bush. Secondly, I could never climb UP into a tree stand and feel safe up there. Thirdly, waiting in the dark and silence and then out of nowhere hearing a loud boom of a gun? No thank you. The thought of it gives me chills. But Chris has found his latest passion, as we put away the waders for fishing and tools for building and replace them with camoflauge pants and rifles. (Now, my family has a long standing joke about our last name being the same as some well-known wife kidnappers.. doesn't this picture just give you the chills? Should I be worried for my safety?)
Unfortunately for the guys, only one doe was taken down. The boys had to get it loaded into one of the trucks to get it back to St. Louis and they were going to donate it to a needy family for Thanksgiving. See, deer hunting is friendly and giving!
It was a fun trip in a beautiful cabin. If we can stay there every deer hunting season, I am in! Next year maybe I can partake in the bar and firepit action. Gin Rummy only entertained this crowd for so long. Good thing my husband kept up with me, and turned in when I did. With only 5 hours of sleep, in 3 days, he was done too! Thank you Kays for a great trip! We hope our welcome wasn't worn out and we can return next year.









No comments:
Post a Comment