Wednesday, November 10, 2010

room changes

As usual, I like to get way ahead of myself in the game.. Ellie will be switching rooms next year when the baby comes. To answer the first question, yes, she will be in a big girl bed. She will be closer to 2 when the baby is moved out of the bassinet, and I just can't buy another crib. So, into a full bed Ellie goes! We will get rails of course, don't worry! I have been having a lot of fun getting idea's together for a girl's room. We didn't know what we were having when we had Ellie, so we did a white, brown and green room for the nursery.
I just wanted to put my ideas down so that I can go back and refresh my memory in the next couple of weeks. Before and after pictures to come. The before is horrible right now, as our guest room serves as Chris' closet and his suit pants and shirts are all over the place. What does everyone do with their husband's clothes? I mean, there is no room in my closet. I have nicely offered him the hall closet.
Ellie's new bedding- to be ordered. From Serena and Lily
 Chris will be making her a fabric headboard. I like this one, but I think I want it in a cream/white color.. And maybe just her monogram.
 Our old trusty Trellis rug from Pottery Barn Kids. We have this exact one in the nursery and love it, so I may just get another one for Ellie's new room.

 New sheets. I am also looking for a second set. White w/ light pink polka dots. Her furniture will be all white and I am going to do a pale pink on the walls.
And while we are looking at rooms. The nursery was pre-blog, so I thought I would add some pictures of what it looked like before we found out Ellie was a girl and her clothes exploded out of the closet..

The bassinet where Ellie slept from months 0-6. Yes, 6 months. Hey, she was tiny and slept thru the night, I had no problem with her being in the room with me. Until people started looking at me like I was crazy. Wonder how long I will keep Baby #2 in there (I am starting to get all crazy and emotional thinking about Ellie growing up. I should be banned from all newborn pictures of her from now until this pregnancy is thru.. The next baby doesn't stand a chance. Oh and Ellie doesn't stand a chance when she moves into her full bed, I fully intend on climbing into bed with her each night for a good snuggle when she can't push me away)
 The Changing Table that sadly has only been used once or twice. Good thing we have this huge stair covering in the baby's room and I didn't have room for an actual changing table- b/c I would have cried until I got the expensive one I desired but would have never used it.. resulting in an "I told you so" from my husband.
 The closet that I so loved.. and now am so sad that it doesn't look like this at all. I mean, Ellie has SO much clothes. We are going thru this week and donating some to different shelters. Because it is even way to much to keep for the next baby. (please don't tell me that I wrote burb cloths. that is embarrassing)
 My beloved PBK totes. I have SEVERAL others thruout my house and love them for all things toys and stuffed animals. 
 The crib. I have a love for lambs, and LOVE this mobile. Ellie has recently started loving it too, and tries to take it down during every nap. Also love the quilt that Courtney made for the baby! (Ellie has attacked that too, and it needs a minor repair, Aunt Cece). If you know me, you know I just don't have patience for the ever "classic" Winnie the Pooh. But Ellie's 4 year old cousin brought this back for "the baby" when the went to Disney World before Ellie was born.. so I put up with Eeyore.
 Room shot pre Trellis Rug. This just makes me want to get back to being organized and clean up this room for the next baby. I still LOVE that chair. It is the best piece of furniture in our house.
Thank you to my mom and sister for all their hardwork and my dad and husband for painting and putting everything together. Hopefully they will help me with Ellie's room too :)

2 comments:

Kelly Fleming said...

LOVE the new ideas for Ellie's room! So cute. AND your nursery is adorable!! It works for either a little bro or sis!

FYI-I am happy to share my embroider if you need someone for the headboard.

KEH said...

omg love all the ideas. cannot wait to see E in a big girl bed!! and i can't believe you want to make her headboard cream...i didn't know you liked creams or grey or black. weird.



blogger template by lovebird