Monday, June 7, 2010

thirty

Chris is officially 30. We celebrated Chris leaving his 20's by floating down the Meramec River. For those of you that aren't from Missouri, a float trip is a little cruise down a river in a canoe and/or raft. Chris won't let us take rafts, and he won't let us go on short, pleasure cruises... no, we need to go the whole 10 miles. We had a great group with us: Haucks, Scotts, Hirschs and us.. Bryce came and met us when we got off the river. It was a fun weekend, but I was so happy that I decided to stay at home with Ellie and let the boys camp alone on Friday night. I don't know how I used to do 2 nights when I was younger. One night of horrible sleeping just about did me in. But Chris loves it, so what can ya do? Thanks so much to our friends that helped celebrate Chris' big day! Happy Birthday Chris. Ellie, Bauer & I love you soo much and you make us wake up everyday with a smile.

Friday night when Chris was up to no good at the campsite, Ellie & I went over to Katie's to help make Jell-O shots for the big float (Yes, I know we are all almost 30 and still doing Jell-O shots) .. Excuse the bad iPhone pics, I really need to start carrying my camera around more with me.
Besties Lilly & Ellie playing. Lilly is about to turn 1 next Friday. Ellie can't wait for their first sleepover. Sorry Dan & Katie, have a feeling she will be that child that never goes home...
Katie hard at work at her reciped Jell-O shots. We have been accused in the past of making them too strong. Didn't know that was such a problem! 
Nothing but the best for Chris!
I was supposed to be helping, but ended up just playing with the girls. Ryan was busing serving me up enough ice cream to give Dotties some stiff competition. Thanks for having us girls! We had so much fun at your pizza party. We love coming to your house, because I don't even need to bring a diaper bag! You have everything for us.


3 comments:

Kelly Fleming said...

I am very impressed with Ellie's sign making skills...as well as you and Katie's jello shots! Will you come to my 30th??

Courtney said...

How fun!! And I don't think you can ever be too old for jello-shots!

KEH said...

the j-shots were a big hit and i actually have 4 extras sitting in my fridge as i type. (i couldn't fit them in the ziplocs the morning of the float) just saving for the next time i am close to insanity with 2 babies. (i kid, i kid!)

ps...can't wait for our 1st sleepover ellie! why do you think ry got a trundle?!?!



blogger template by lovebird