Tuesday, June 1, 2010

9 months!

Man oh man how did 9 months go so fast. I can't decide if 9 months of pregnancy or 9 months of being a mom have gone by faster! I didn't like either to go by so fast.
At nine months you are such a funny gal. You are the love of mine & dada's life, little girl! We went to the doctor last week and got your much anticipated stats! Much like your mother, you don't mind waiting in the waiting room for long periods of time. I used to get depressed when the doctor was on-time when I was going for my monthly, then weekly appointments. I could people watch in a waiting room all day long! Ellie loved watching the fish in Dr. Ayer's tank and playing with this whachamadinger.
After we stripped down to your diaper, we got the skinny on your weight, and man are you a petite girl. 15lbs 6.5 oz. (I am totally not one of those mother's that focuses on their child's weight. If I know she is eating, healthy and proportional... whatever her weight so be it. We have gotten the most bizarre statements from strangers: is she a preemie? what size diaper does she where? is she a newborn? does she eat? is this her first outing? ect ect. But our doctor is not concerned in the least bit! It helps that we have a petite doctor that can relate to Ellie's woes :) )
The doctor gave you an A+... and even told us that your foot issue is no longer. (At 6 months, our doctor was a bit concerned with the lack of an arch on Ellie's feet, and mentioned a possible orthodic once she started pulling herself up) You have grown into your arches, and we will not need an orthotic! (I was never concerned about it, and knew it would be just a small period of time, but obviously I am always happy to avoid medical equipment)
At nine months, you are a very happy little girl. While not crawling yet (I think she is going to be one of those late crawlers/walkers all within a few weeks), you love to jump, roll, dance, and laugh. You laugh easily and especially when tickled, when Gloria "talks" to you, or whenever you see Bauer. No longer can we leave you in the bed while you kick back and watch some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, within a matter of seconds you will have catapulted yourself to the edge of the bed trying to find a way out. You are starting to pull up and I am just waiting for the day when you are standing up in your crib waiting for us to come and get you!  

You love to read, and be read too. Grandma's favorites- Spot! After bath time (which you are obsessed with) you get ready for bed and are asleep anywhere from 7-8pm and sleep until about 6-7am. Only a couple times a week do you wake up missing your beloved binkie that is still almost the size of your head. We had one bad thunderstorm this month that kept you up all night and landed you right in between mom & dad. Naps are a different story. (As a working mom, I unfortunately don't have a tight nap schedule, but on weekends, I try my best to stay home and get some good ones in) We have a morning & an afternoon nap still that can last anywhere from 30 minutes (alot) - 3 hours (never). You go to your babysitters a couple days a week and LOVE it there! I think you are too busy watching Gretch & Grady play to take a nap! I am sure Gretch has the same problem :)
You LOVE to eat! You are drinking 6-8 oz bottles every 3-4 hours still, and eat 2-3 meals per day. You love: yogurt, bananas, meat, potatoes, baby food (we have to finish all those packs up!), mac & cheese, spaghetti-o's, cheerios and puffs. Every day it seems like you are trying something more! You do not like anything green: grean beans and peas and have a serious distain for juice. I don't mind the juice thing, but any advice on how to sneak green stuff in at this age??
You are super nosy. Like really nosy. Always need to know what is going on. People usually insert "wonder where she gets it from" at this point. Yes, I am nosy, and LOVE to know people's business. But in my old age, I have decided to let that go a bit. I will let you know how that is working! Your babysitter calls you "Nosy Rosey". We also call you "Turtle" b/c the second you hear the faintest voice or footstep, that head is popped up and turning all around to find out what is going on. Busy, busy.
You love activity. Any and all! Toys, kids, sports, tv, I could go on for days! You love love love to be the center of attention, and often find you in the center of an adult circle with all eyes on you! You are a happy baby, and only cry when you are tired.
We love you our little Ellie-bee, and cannot believe you will be ONE in 3 short months (of course this means Aunt CeCe better get a move on party plans). We are excited for what this summer will bring for you! We know that grandma, grandpa, gommy, grandpa and all your aunts & uncles love you just as much as we do!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw, Ellie bee. You are just growing up way too darn fast. And this made me realize that I only have 3 months for the big birthday bash - aye yi yi, I gotta get to work!

Love all the stat updates!!

KEH said...

ellie...cannot believe you are 9 months already! we love your petite stats! you are in good company with us. can't wait to play tonight!

love, your besties



blogger template by lovebird