And we're back. Chris, Ellie & I had a wonderful time in Florida with the rest of the Peterson clan, but I am happy to be home. We were lucky enough to have my SIL (I am just going to start calling her that, since we are soo close to the wedding) pick up Bauer for us on Saturday so that she was there when we got home that evening! Nothing better than coming home to your favorite pup.
As most of you have heard, we have had a long couple of weeks. First my uncle passed away who was more of a grandpa to all of us, and then we got some shocking news about my dad. My dad had surgery this past tuesday to remove a tumor on his pancreas. The tumor was positive, therefore, he has pancreatic cancer. The surgeons removed the tumor, and it had not spread, so that is amazing news! He was in the ICU for a few days until he was stabalized enough to move to a private room. He remains in the hospital for the next couple of days, and is doing okay-- except for the whole night thing. My dad is an insomniac at home, so is not getting any sleep while in the hospital. He will continue to gain strength for my brother Tim's wedding to Cheryl in 3 1/2 weeks (We are beyond excited for something happy :) and will most likely start a round of chemo shortly after. My mom has been taking wonderful care of him, and deserves the longest and best vacation after all of this is done! She is exhausted, but wouldn't have it any other way. After having a c-section, I realized how lucky our family is to have such a good personal nurse. She helped me in ways that I never could have imagined needing help with. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers and offers for help! We can't wait to have my dad at home so he can get some much needed rest. Chris & I came home early from Florida to spend the weekend with him, and seeing Ellie gave my dad that much needed boost! Ellie has been having a blast lounging in his hospital bed and playing with all the cords. Chris has been having a near breakdown watching her play with all the cords, he has a major germ phobia and bathes himself in sanitizer the second he gets in his car.
We continue to be blessed with the strength that my MIL has while battling her own cancer. She is in the middle of chemo treatments, and has been taking them like a major champ!
Cancer is a word that Chris & I wish we never had to hear again, but we move foward. We know that God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle.
I will continue to keep everyone posted of the health of both my dad and my MIL.. and I promise, once I catch up on laundry and sleep, I will post about Florida!!

3 comments:
I was wondering where my favorite blogger had been! To all you blog readers out there, thank you for your support for our families!
Welcome back Meg!!! Great update on JC-praying for him and hope his recovery goes smoothly and QUICK! Nothing like an adorable granddaughter to speed your healing:) Take care of yourself and everyone else and can't wait to hear about Florida!
whew...really missed the blog. so glad to have you guys back and so glad to hear all about jc's recovery. praying for him everyday. i know he is so well taken care of between your mom and all you kids! GET WELL JC!
Post a Comment