Our continued thanks for the support for our family while my dad recuperates from his surgery! He is home and doing good. Weak at times, but so happy to be home. He can finally sleep! Court's friend, Elise sent her the prettiest flowers today to just say "thinking of you". We couldn't be more humbled by the outpouring of support we have rcvd.
Before we left for Florida, we knew my dad was going to have surgery and be in the hospital. I was torn as to stay or go. My dad urged me to go and enjoy time off work with my little family and my inlaws. With his blessing, we were off. But not before we made a "care basket" for Grandpa! Ellie carefully selected all it's contents: crossword puzzle book, flossers, breath mints, slippery lips (aka carmex chapstick), a disney princess coloring book (my dad ALWAYS got me & courtney a coloring book when we were sick/hurt when we were little), crayons, a treasure map that lead Grandpa straight to Ellie on the beach (need a picture of it, my parents are having it framed-- it is one of my 'famed' pencil drawing that my best friend Amy loves so much), deck of cards, and some get well cards from all of us! I also included some pictures that my mom displayed in his hospital room (306). My dad is a sucker for any picture that has Ellie in it!
Horrible iPhone pic of the pictures, but you get the point :) Next to the pics are some flowers Court sent my dad "From his girls, Court, Meg & Elle"
Queen of the 3rd Floor. We had a minor diaper leakage, so my mom had to run up to the Ronald McDonald house and dry her outfit. We seriously know every corner of that hospital (CNug- let me know if you need a map)
I will continue to update you on my dad's health. But for now, he is in a healing period from the surgery. He is looking forward to my brother's wedding at the end of May, and will continue to gain strength to keep up with Joanne on the dancefloor!
We knew that my dad was in good hands in STL and it was probably for the better that I was not here. I have been called "dramatic" and "emotional" in the past, and as my brother Tim said "it is a good thing Megan is not here" I would have been curled up in a little ball in the corner having a major panic attack the whole time. So, off to WaterColor we went. WaterColor is just south of Destin on the Gulf side. It was so pretty. I am going to post some house pics, just so that I have it saved for myself.. but our house was amazing!
Backin' up though. Bryce and I left early Sunday am with Ellie in the backseat and headed to Memphis to pick up Chris after a weekend of Hirsch fun! He was actually doing really great, and drove the rest of the way to Florida. We arrived in WaterColor at about 7 pm, and everyone was waiting for us. Ellie did really well in the car until the last 2 hours, driving down the backroads into Florida and making our way to the beach was too much for her to handle. I think she was getting a little car sick to be honest. I was happy to get her out, and so was she... if she even looked at her carseat the rest of the trip she screamed!
Just some quick pics (in no particular order) as my lunch break is drawing to an end... I will get our camera pics up tonight!
Chris got tired of driving, so Ellie graciously took over. Note, I do not drive on long trips. I hate driving. My dream is to have a driver and sit in the backseat and talk. I drove one time on the way home from Kiawah Island. I had maybe driven 25 minutes when it started downpouring. Of course I panicked, hyperventilated, cried, and screamed until we pulled over at a gas station and my brother took the wheel. That was the end of that. Chris on the other hand dreams of being an over the road trucker (not joking). He could drive for days, not talking and be so happy. I think we are a match made in heaven.
Passed out on a pool chair. I was slightly crazy about her getting sunburnt. I am a burner and while I secretly like it, the first day is so painful.. so I didn't want the same fate for Ellie. Yes, that is a market tote back there. You know they are my #1 obsession!
Passed out unbuckled in her carseat (that good mom thing kicks in right about now). We were shopping in Seaside and she was all tuckered out. Hated her hat, so I usually propped it on her when she wasn't looking.
Waking up every morning about 6:30, but was ready for a morning nap at 8am. I could get used to that schedule. Vacations seriously do wonders for naps! She didn't take LONG naps, but a lot of short ones, which I will take anyday! Check out that Harry Potter vein-- watch out Voldemort!
Sleeping poolside in my really small stroller.

Ellie figured out how to turn on my iPhone, view pictures, and delete the better one of this... so imagine a G at the beginning :)










5 comments:
Great post Megan Annie! Thank you blog readers for all your support! I like how I use this blog as a forum too :) And thank you to Elise for my lovely flowers!
And, just like Megan, I hate driving. Picture us as two twenty-somethings in a bright yellow vw bug driving to disney world (yes as two adults) in a crazy storm. I had to pull over because I was having an anxiety attack and to think, she was the more calm one in this situation.
so glad to hear jc is home and getting some much needed rest! i want to see the treasure map!
and btw...you are also not the best passanger when driving through a storm. case in pt...your panic attack on the way home from six flags. (children's hospital night of course!)
Ha.. Yes I remember that fateful night. It was my car too.
OMG! i had to pull out my best material that night!
So glad JC is home!
Post a Comment