Wednesday, May 5, 2010

shame shame

Chris tells me that I am never going to have blog friends and followers if I keep acting like this. Disapointment. Man! Let me please explain. We have had a rough month. Deaths, Funeral, Cancer-- I know EXCUSES! I apologize. Let me give you a run down of my May and then maybe you will give me some sympathy..
  • Wedding Shower- A friend shower for Cheryl. It was Derby themed!
  • Bachelorette Party- Cheryl's. It was a wild night. I am still scrubbing wing sauce off my face and my body aches from my numerous up/downs
  • Friends in town Thurs-Sun. Cleaning my house/organizing/vacuuming/pulling weeds (really quick, there was this weed in our front bed that I noticed yesterday on our way home from a walk. I am not joking, I think I saw Jack climbing back down the stalk, this thing was massive!)
  • Rehearsal dinner- Nate/Katie
  • Birthday Party- My most favoritest sister ever turns 25 (right?) and her life-partner Ellen (aka 7yr+ roommate) is throwing her a party at a fun wine bar in Central West End. Love you sissy
  • Couple's shower- Meg T/Sean
  • Wedding- Nate/Katie
  • Scottsdale, AZ- Amy's bachelorette party. 3 days.
  • Couples Shower- Katie/Gus
  • Rehearsal dinner- Tim/Cheryl
  • Wedding- Tim/ Cheryl
Did I mention this is all in May? I adore weddings, love them, cry at them, love them.. and love to give my undivided attention to each one. I just wish we had them spread apart a little more so we could appreciate all the fun. I just feel rundown and ragged at this point. After a mini breakdown about the gigantic weed and Chris putting me to bed, I feel a bit more clear & refreshed today. Tonight we are running by my favorite MJ's house to do a trial hair run for my mom for the wedding. Should be fun.
My only silver lining.. The lovely manager at The Gap agreed to give me a free pair of jeans to replace the ones that got a tragically located hole.

Last weekend was the shower & bach party for Cheryl. I have a ton of pictures, but I have to do some heavy editing on those before I post. We had Uncle Sean and Aunt Kiks staying with us, which is always fun! They gave Ellie the greatest gift! Sean has been taking about this mystery gift since the day Ellie was born, and she finally arrive on our doorstep on Friday night! At FAO Schwarz in NYC you can create your own Muppet. My family has a slight obsession with The Muppets, Tim & Sean in particular. Sean has always beared a slight resemblence to Kermit and Tim's favorite characters ever are Statler & Waldorf. They had banjo sheets, toys, clothes, ect. The only thing Sean never got, his Muppet Drumset-- which is still a sensitive subject to this date.
Courtney has named The Muppet, Gloria, for the time being. Any other suggestions? Ellie loves her new friend and bounces all over the place when Gloria makes an appearance.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Ellie wanted to wear her best dress all the way from a 5 year old street vendor in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. OLE!
I pomise. Stick with me. I will make it worth your wait!

3 comments:

Kelly Fleming said...

We still follow your blog and are EXTREMELY jealous of this personalized muppet as well as Ellie's festive dress :) My kids are totally dressed American today-the shame....We cannot wait to celebrate with you guys this weekend!!

Megan and Chris said...

American!?!?? That is embarrassing! I need to make my way to your page to comment on your amazing, adult house.. Your adorable Gary/Kelly clones, the shower curtain and what am I missing???? Omg! Rcvd in the mail Ellie's first UA shirt!!!!!! You did not have I do that, but I am obsessed!!!!! Can't wait to see u tomorrow night!

KEH said...

Don't worry...we will always be blog friends! Joanne is going to look so sassy in her wedding do!



blogger template by lovebird