Monday, October 1, 2012

alllll aboard!

The Moose has been getting a LOT of one on one time lately. And he is eating it up. Even coming out of his little shell! When Ellie isn't around to talk for him, Moose says all sorts of things, or really just one thing.. ALLLL ABOARD! The kid has a things for trains and he decided that his first and only sentence would be ALLLL ABOARD! 
We make him say it 900 times a day and I laugh really hard every time. 
But when Ellie gets home from school, she is back in charge. Johnny clams up and follows her barking orders :)
Patrick has been a good little boy. I was thinking in the middle of the night how lucky we are to have such good little night babies. While our kids may not sleep through the night right away, or early for that matter, they eat for like 15 minutes, and go right to bed. I haven't really felt tired this go around at all.
But we make up for this from 5-8 pm. Poor buddy is tired after sleeping all day! How cute is this blanket? Someone had them made for the twins, and I basically just asked Amy to get it for me when Patrick was born. Aren't I nice? Sometimes you have to be direct with Amy, right Amy? :) Katie and Amy gave it to P, and it is our favorite new accessory!! ALLL ABOARD!
THIS is what our life looks like. Mess/dirty sheets, spit up, naked 3 year old, and 3 binks. I could make out with the cleaning ladies that are working really hard above me today. Clean sheets and clean house all around! 
I pray that I never attend another Mardi Gras, just so that I don't have to be tempted to bring any of these GD beads home. My daughter loves them. And paired with her other obsession of not wearing clothes, it just doesn't look good.
October is here, hooray hoorah! My favorite month. I am so excited to have 11 whole days off for maternity leave in October. I know, 11, get down! But I am going to take advantage of all 11 days. First up. Our fave fall spot, the Kirkwood Farmers Market. Although they did away with the corn bucket this year, and that really helped keep the kids enclosed in one small area.
We had to go with our favorite people.. Lilly is hoarding the kettle corn "Don't ask me to share" is what she told Ellie. I love Lilly. SO.SO.MUCH.
Johnny was in heaven of the slides, tall ladders, hay, tractors, swings, and numerous trains that buzzed by. ALLLL Aboard!!!!!!!
I love coat weather, even though it wasn't really coat weather. What you can't see from far away is the beads of sweat pouring down their little dirty hay faces.
Ellie's boot make me almost as happy as pumpkins and October make me. Good purchase, Mimi! And good inspiration Hauck ladies.
ALLLL ABOARD! 
I am not quite sure that binks and Keds are allowed in the NHL, Johnny Bear. But hopefully we can kick those habits- you on the bink and me on the spankin' white Keds.
I am not sure if I mentioned that on top of dance, Ellie has hit the pool. Little Fishes. She is going to be a swimming star by Christmas, I swear. She spent most of her last class under water. As she reported later, "I was so berry awesome".

After a day of swimming, playing, birthday partying, and short naps, we decided we were bored and headed down to the Cardinals game.
Ellie takes after her mom and gets rather bored at sporting events. Once the nachos are gone, I really could just call it a day.
Not even sure 1) who we were playing 2) if we won, and 3) if there was actually a game going on out there. I don't think I glanced at the field once. I was too busy carrying Patrick in a Bjorn and chasing John down in the next suite. Yes, we looked over and John was not in our box, but in the next box about to help himself to some popcorn.
Death grip.
After we left the game, had a TERRIFYING run-in with Fredbird (Ellie is absolutely terrified) we headed home to snuggle in bed. 
Our favorite ice cream store closed on Sunday. Dottie's was run by Dottie (duh) and we had the privilege of being VIP Customers. I will miss our visits with everyone there and my Oreo/Waffle mix, but my butt will not.
We had to make a late night visit, with dirty hair and pajamas of course, for one last goodbye!
And that is really all I have to say this AM. I should be catching up on my TV. Fall shows are back. Again, right on top of the list of things I love. October, pink cowboy boots, sweet sleepy babies, allll aboard, and fall shows.
We have a big 6 week (well he will be 7 weeks) and 18 month post coming up next! Shots for all :( 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh fall, and how cute those kiddos look in it!



blogger template by lovebird