While I have been on maternity leave, the kids have been having lots of time playing at home in our own backyard! Weird, right?
Patrick turned 4 weeks and is still a pretty good baby. I am writing this in a sleep deprived and delirious state. We went slowly downhill with the night time routine. 5 hours went to 4 to 3 to 2 and we are currently at a 1.5 hour interval. I did what I swore I never would do, moved to the couch so that Patrick can be in the swing for the 2nd half of the night. But I am doing whatever it takes to get at least a 2 hour stretch.Other than the whole sleep thing, Patrick is a pretty good little buddy! Eats, sleeps, poops, fusses, and then we do it all over again.
The kids are in love their little brother. Ellie loves to hold him and is super territorial of him. She always asks to lay in my bed in the morning with Patrick next to her. She is a decent babysitter when I need a quick shower.
Patrick turns 5 weeks old tomorrow, which means my maternity leave is sadly coming to an abrupt end.
I love being home with my kids and have had so so much fun with them! Maybe I am saying this because Ellie and John are in pre-school/daycare most of the time. I would love to be able to home with them full time. One day, I keep telling myself.
For now, I will soak up every bit of this until I have to go back..
Poor Bauer. We love her so much, our house just seems super small these days. But, she is the BEST big sister to the 3 kids and John loves her dearly.
Giving me the stink eye. Patrick's left eye remains on the droopy side. That is next on the list of medical mysteries. I swear we have been put through the ringer lately. We are so lucky to have such healthy kids, but their random medical issues are starting to wear on me!
Buster. Brother bear #1 continues to stir the pot over here. Climbing up onto counters is a regular occurrence these days. Yesterday he broke a wine glass. I guess I need to baby proof high and low!
Ellie has been getting really good at her bike lately. I wish we had more concrete for her to ride around on, because I know she would be zipping by!
Johnny has been getting really good at helping me clean the windows..
Sweet girl. While she loves her brothers, she has been fighting for attention these days. We went on a girl's only trip to the store and mall the other day and boy did she need it! I am excited for lots of mom/Ellie trips while the boys are out in the woods looking for deer :)
Johnny and his wubbanub that he took over from Patrick. The kid is obsessed. Ellie is making mud pies for me in the back :)
Love my Mooser! His hair is looking a bit bowl-cutty for my brother's taste :) Sorry Sean!
Best friends! These two are the best of friends and love playing together. Ellie makes pictures for Johnny at school every day and sticks up for her brother every chance she gets. She loves to introduce him. Last week she told the sample lady at Schnucks "I have a Johnny and he is one and one time, member? one time he had a party at a train store for his birthday!"
Johnny sure is a lucky duck!
I love just hanging out at home. I love my kids at their ages and wish I could bottle all these little moments up.

2 comments:
we have a lot of pumpkin patch/apple picking/fall fun to pack into the next 3 weeks.
loving all those curls E!
Great pics! I haven't seen any of those! Loving their fall gear too :)
Post a Comment