Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Winter Classic

Chris and his fellow old man friends recently participated in a Winter Classic at Steinberg in Forest Park. I couldn't be more proud of my husband and his team for coming in 2nd out of 32 teams. The finals lasted late into the night due to warm temps that day and I was getting text updates from the wives that could make it.
The boys designed their own jerseys which became the talk of the tourney. The jerseys honor those who lost their battle, won the battle and are still fighting the battle with cancer. Cancer SUCKS.



While the boys were busy playing game after game after game.. the girls were inside playing! The Magic House was there for crafting and the girls could get their faces painted. Ellie and Lilly braved the crazy lady with her glitter :)

May being smart and staying inside with us. Ellie on the other hand conned everyone who talked to her into taking her outside to the fire pit and to see the fire dancers. Katie & Mrs Ruggeri - thanks for all of you help!! She loved spending the day with you!
Daddy is famous!! Chris being interviewed by Fox Sports Midwest. The interview, clips of the game and jerseys were shown during the Blue's game, but we missed it :( Totally were watching Real Housewives of Orange County.
Ellie showing off her first face painting! I asked the lady to go small b/c I didn't know how still Ellie would sit and for how long.. I didn't mean like one swipe of the paint. I was going to go the next day and get a full face mask, but we never made it there.
She didn't care, she was happy with it. Until later when she had a melt down, and blue glitter was smeared all over our house.
Daddy and Johnny! We can't wait until John can participate in the Winter Classic in 17 years!
It was a great weekend and so much family fun! Can't wait until next year's festivities.


No comments:



blogger template by lovebird