Friday, January 13, 2012

snow!

Ellie officially broke my heart last night. Not only does she love ice skating, ribs, and all things red meat.. Girlfriend just fell in love with freezing temps and SNOW. We officially have nothing in common.



She woke up yesterday morning and announced to the house that there was a "windy snow" out the window and she needed to go outside immediately. "School" and work got in the way and I was sure that her attitude would change by 6pm that night.

No. It didn't.
The second we walked thru the door she started begging to go outside in the snow. She was dragging her snowpants thruout the house pleading with me. I bribed her with a popsicle and a movie and bought myself an hour. The second Chris walked through the door, I announced loudly that Ellie wanted to play in the snow, therefore trapping Chris. He was stuck. So up he went to pull on his longjohns and layers to take his daughter out in the snow for her official first time.
She.loved.it. She loved everything about it. The snowbibs, the massive coat, the layers, the rain boots that I am using as snow boots for the time being.. I mean, everything. Break.My.Heart.

She ran back in forth in the backyard for as long as Chris could stand it. He is a major cold-lover, but it was even a bit too cold for him. She threw herself on the ground and rolled around in it. She had frozen snot hanging from her nose.. and couldn't be more thrilled.

We bundled Johnny up in a 0-3 month Pink/White snowsuit. His poor limbs were curled under and he was giving me a death glare as I shoved him out the door and into the cold for one picture.

After Chris literally DRAGGED her in the house, we had a fire and some hot chocolate and warmed up. Good thing Ellie loved that part just as much-- we can be friends again!

3 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

So, while Ellie is shredding the mountain, we can be inside sipping hot chocolate. She looks so darn cute!

Lisa S. said...

looking at her smile in that last pic I realize you are not a liar. She is one happy chic in the cold!! too funny! Good parents you two are..I sent my 4 and 2 year old children out in the cold BY THEMSELVES. jack and I watched carefully and waved from the window:)

KEH said...

Love it! Ellie you are so outdoorsy!

Meg, you can come hang with Ryan. She only lasted about 7 minutes.



blogger template by lovebird