Monday, January 16, 2012

lazy weekend

I love lazy weekends with little on the schedule! This weekend was just that. Friday night was spent in bed watching Dateline, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and recorded TV.

Things were going just great until John decided to wake up at 2am. Fine, whatever. I had bragged on Facebook the other day that he slept thru the night- wait, is it mom bragging when they are almost 10 months old-- and I jinxed myself. So in I went to pop the bink back in, rock, shush, soothe, and all the other S's you are supposed to do. When that didn't work, I scooped him up and brought him into bed with me (judging comments can be kept to a minimum please). When that didn't work I went into the rocker and rocked him. When that didn't work, we went back into our bed where I layed him really close to Chris' ear in the hopes that he would stop pretend sleeping. When that didn't work, we went downstairs and watched another Dateline. Even Keith Morrison's voice couldn't soothe him. Poor buddy was hysterically screaming/screeching/yelling from 2am-8am. It was miserable. He had a fever, was sweating, and screaming. I didn't know what to do. We never have really had a "sick night" with either of our kids to date. (knocking on wood). His fever was consistent and I gave him a few rounds of Tylenol. When dawn broke I started staring at my clock to see when I could call the doctor, between frantic screams. Thank the lord for a doctor's office open on a Saturday am at 8am. I called the doctor, they insisted it was his ears and told me to bring him in. By this time, Dr. Ellie arrive on the scene and insisted she go with us. So the entire family made a trek to the doctor's office....
... to be told nothing was wrong with him. His ears were perfectly fine. His lungs sounded perfectly fine. Everything looked great. Ellie demanded her cookie anyway.

We decided to stay home that day and lay around the house and watch 900 Lifetime movies. (As in "I decided" for Chris). I cried and carried on about how teenaged girls are so mean, and Ellie is not going to be a victim. I told tales of my high school and grade school days and begged Chris to help me make sure bullying did not happen to Ellie. Then Chris turned off my Lifetime movies. Told me I was a wreck. And banned me from the kids for a short period. Whatever.

Sorry, sidetracked... John was fine all day. It happened again on Saturday night, but not for such a long period of time, and then was fine all day Sunday. Maybe it was teeth.. but I don't buy it.. Maybe he was just annoyed that I splashed his name all over facebook? Oh well, at least he is back to normal. Nothing makes me more crazy than a baby's constant crying. How on earth can Chris sleep through it, I will never know.

After more movies, lots of baking, soup making, and more laziness, Chris ventured out of the house with Ellie. They went to some hockey game with her pals. It looks like an intense game..

I promise to find a better subject to talk about. I know my mental status and John's sleep habits are less than thrilling.

3 comments:

KEH said...

Those 3 will not take any crap from anyone come highs school!! Poor Johnny...so glad he is feeling better!!

Amy said...

Don't worry, you will be able to prepare Ellie if a senior ever chases her down the hall with a super soaker. Actually, she will be the one with a super soaker.

Anonymous said...

Tell the story about Chris forgetting to feed Big J.



blogger template by lovebird