I know, I know. I am behind. I am behind THREE December activities. I cannot believe it. I wish I could blame cleaning my house, buying Christmas gifts, wrapping gifts, and making myself looking presentable.. but we all know that is not true.
Anyway. I will move forward. I know one day when I print this blog out as a book (A LA Kelly Fleming) I am going to be really annoyed with every blog post starting as an apology to my readers (I say multiple b/c I bet there are at least 5 of you out there) about being delayed on my posts.
Okay. So first up. Ursuline Breakfast with Santa. We did the later breakfast this year to accommodate for naps, ect. It was less crowded and worked out really well. Pictures were not my forte (don't worry googled that one) this year, but we have a couple..
Ellie was really into the crafts this year, and really wanted to "shop". I can't believe that all of our kids won a prize at the Cake Walk. I don't think that is rigged at all. right?
Santa and Mrs. Claus, aka my high school study hall moderator and her husband were there again to greet the kids. Ellie whispered to me that she wanted a purple bike, blue sissors and one of "dos CANDY canes" next to Santa. She told him that Johnny wanted a train and blue sissors as well.
John had major hat hair that turned into looking like I "gelled it" (in my best Mattie Banks voice).
My attempt at a brother / sister picture.. Turned into John grabbing for Ellie's food and Ellie putting John into a headlock. The norm these days! (but great view of John's first Front Spike :)
Next up, we had one of our favorite activities.. The 2nd Annual Cookie Bake! We discuss this party in the Spring, when we are buying the girls matching outfits via Kelly's Kids. Yes, Katie hosted. Yes, she just had a baby 2 wks prior. That is why we love her. She just does it and loves it too! Thanks Katie for hosting even though you were still hopped up on Vicoden and hadn't been released to walk up and down steps and/or drive yet. Way to be a sport :)
Attempt at a group shot.. Jack was not feeling pics this AM. That's okay, buddy! We all have our moments. Well, Ryan never does.. she loves a good picture :)
I like this picture a lot. Ellie going to town on her sucker. John looking lovingly at me. Brendan threatening Jack's life w/ a sword..
Attempt at a brother / sister pic. AGAIN. John scoping out Ellie's food. AGAIN. The girls diving in. Due to being in the height of cold season and every child having a runny nose, we simple baked this year. Not sure anyone really took the cookies home with them.
Can you believe how far the "Little Girls" have come since last year?
The girls handiwork...
Lisa and I were pregnant with these two last year. We had no clue that 1) they would both be boys, 2) they would both be John's, 3) Katie would surprise us and add one more to the crew this year! (I have no pictures of May because she was sleeping the whole time). I wonder how many babies will be at next year's event?????????
We need matching outfits next year, yo!
The reindeer cookies taking shape..
Amy and her mom, Kath, were there this year. We were so so so excited that they joined in this year. Sorry, Corbs, you ARE moving back to StL. No choice! We have cookies to bake :)
Kath was such a good assistant!
The finished project!!! (and the spring Kelly's Kids catalogue in the background.. my checkbook is already a'shakin')
We had the best time and good naps were had by all (in my house at least). I am sorry that I took the lazy way out and used fundraiser cookies that I bought 6 months ago and have been sitting in Katie's freezer ever since. My grandiose plan (googled) of Gingerbread cookies with all the decorations didn't quite pan out. Maybe next year. MAYBE.

























3 comments:
I said it last year and I'll say it again..BEST POST EVA!! I love both these traditions (skating and cookies) one day we will be begging our teenagers to still join in but for now its perfect! Skates, hats/mittens, matching outfits ahhhh I love it all.So much fun-great post Megan! And THANK YOU for not posting a single pic of me! yes!
my bad...skating and cookies were two separate posts. I stand corrected. BEST TWO POSTS EVA!
LOVE these pictures!! I am officially signing up for the UA Breakfast with Santa next year-no excuses. That Santa and Mrs. Claus are just so good!!
OH-and totally loving those Kelly Kids outfits. Please sign me up for the Spring 2012 party!!
Post a Comment