I am only two pages in.. and I have a gazillion faves. I still have a million to go through: the rest of the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, and the reception. These are just a couple that I could throw up right now..
My sisters and mom..
My favorite of Catherine and Ellie. Ellie was a trooper for being 11/2 and being in a wedding. Come wedding day, she was a piece of work, but they at least got this cute pic! My fave picture of my momma. During Tim's best man speech when he announced 2011 was a great year for us.. and that my dad was Cancer FREE!
Anyone else do this.. I get my makeup done. My hair done. All done up for these weddings. Pictures come back and I think "I have too much makeup on and my hair looks bad". Not that the hair or make up looks bad.. I am just so not used to it. I am more of a chapstick and ponytail sort of gal. Please see rehearsal picture. Good thing the rest of the family looks good.
Callahan family. John is screaming his head off. Pictures are blurry from the upload from my iPad.
28 years of hearing my mom scream at me "megan, get your hands out of your mouth".. I swore up and down I would let my kids do whatever they wanted with their hands. I stopped biting my nails the second Ellie figured out her hands could fit perfectly in her mouth b/c it makes me sick to think about all the germs she is knawning on. Turns out Joanne was right. Turns out I am turning into my mother.
My beautiful new sister! Catherine looked like SUCH a model that day. She even did a switcharoo after the ceremony when she had her hair pulled back and make up jazzed up for the reception. All while sipping a Diet Coke. Such model behavior :)
John got to hitch a ride with all the girls. A 1 1/2 year old, a 6 week old, a destination wedding, no babysitter, being a bridesmaid, a groomsman, and a flower girl makes for a hectic weekend!
The rainy day actually made for some cute umbrella pictures!
ps. These are in no particular order, obviously.
My mom, dad and Ellie getting a glimpse of Catherine and her dad as they start their walk down the aisle. Ellie lasted there for about 10 minutes when she started yelling "Hi, Dad! Daddy! DAD?" The sweat started streaming down my back until she was whisked away by my aunt.
Bow out. wreath off. no flowers. no walking. Please disregard my TRAGIC shoes. I had a shoe catastrophe.. I am not a huge heel person. I wear flats and Jack Rogers the majority of my life. Add in 2 kids that are constantly needing to be held, and heels are pretty much nonexistent. I threw a pair in my bag for the wedding only to realize that I threw them in the wrong bag.. and was left with "heeled" lets-call-them-sandals-rather-than-flip-flops. This looks so hoosier and I could die from embarrassment that my feet could be viewed. How bout we blame everything on having a baby 1.5 months prior to walking down this aisle? kay? thanks.
I have never seen a happier groom. Sean had the BEST time at his wedding. He loves any party and LOVES LOVES LOVES being around his friends and family. He was seriously having the Best Week Ever. The flower girls on the trolley. Grace, Sadie and Brianna were cracking everyone up all weekend. They took their duties VERY seriously and helped Ellie out.
The original 4. The Callahan crew is expanding and we couldn't be happier for the "out-laws". 4 kids in 5 years. Having kids now, I have no clue how my mom did it. She said she would be holding one of us, while dragging the other one on the floor. We didnt know it then, but we now know how lucky we are to be so close in age. My brothers, sister and I are extremely close and now our significant others finish the puzzle!
These are so out of order.. I will try and clean it up a bit for favorites part 2, 3, 4, 5... :) There are too many!
photo credits: Simply Jessie Photography

1 comment:
Love this recap and I think you looked fab.
You forgot the correct punctuation on Best.Week.Ever.
Post a Comment