I love lazy weekends in town. We run around a LOT.. our friends are all getting married or having babies. So between showers, weddings, birthday parties, we are always on the go! This weekend was no exception.. but Friday we had a little down time. So naturally we hit up the mall. I love a good mall walk and could wander a mall for hours. Chris could wander Dick's for hours. (this is the most painful part of the mall for me). After checking out the normal hunting, fishing, and camping section.. Ellie saw her beloved bikes and had to run over for a test run. (we also took a new bow size for a test run).
On saturday, John and I went to a bridal shower for my cousin who is getting married in October at the cutest place ever. (I stole pics from Audrey's facebook page :) My mom and I have been stalking it for a while and we were so excited to finally try it out. It used to be called Apt 2 in Kirkwood, but I think it is now called Pepe's. Across from Meramec, all you STL folk. The food was omg, so good. John gets to tag along to girls-only showers for now while his sister runs crazy with dad. John was such a good boy, he smiled at everyone and then fell asleep during lunch.
my mom, sister in law Cheryl, and I .. .ladies that lunch.
Right after the shower we zipped home, changed & fed John, got Ellie up from her nap, and headed to Gretchen's 3rd birthday party! Gretch got all things princess and couldn't be happier. As always, we wore out our welcome and stayed hours after the party ended watching the kids run around the Patterson's theme- park back yard. Bounce houses, pools, slides, water tables, trucks, cars.. what's not to love?
Grady watching "Ellllwie" and crazy sister and glad he is not a part of that princess mess. Instead he was in and out of the pool and water table.. drinking the water all along the way.
Since Chris and I had no intentions of going anywhere, and Ellie was covered in grass, we decided to just throw her in the tub with the G's. Ellie is still talking about it.. "Bass Gray Me" (translation: I took a bath with Grady).
I am already thinking of songs to play while these pictures play on their wedding slideshow. What a fun birthday party, Pattersons, and thanks for letting us stay and enjoy your neighbor's lawn :) And we love any excuse to hit up any one of our South City favorites.. on the way home we picked up Pueblo Solis carryouts (and yes, Dan, they were delish).
A perfect end to a perfect little family weekend. Both babies fed, bathed and sleeping soundly.. while I lay and catch up on my stack of magazines I have been trying to get through for months!
oh.. and this one.. this one started LAUGHING on Saturday!! I have Ellie's first few laughs on video.. I need to get John's. Nothing is sweeter than a baby laugh, and John's is just the best! Currently you can get a laugh out of him by a good tickle or a silly face by his sister.
I have been trying to get down to my main computer and big camera to post about Annie's wedding for about 2 weeks now. Annie G- a post is coming, I promise :)

2 comments:
Need video of said laugh :)
What I wouldn't give for some pueblo guacamole and maybe even a moms special along with it! Darling pics! Who doesn't love a bath with friends?
Post a Comment