Monday, March 14, 2011

weekend update

I seriously need to get my act together and start realizing that I am having a baby in 2.5 weeks and stop all my shenanigans. I do NOTHING on the weekends. Instead I let Ellie run a muck, and litter junk all over the house. How did I accumulate so much JUNK? Am I a horder? We keep busy and stay out of the house. Because being in the house reminds me of all the stuff I have not done over the past 37 weeks.
This weekend was no exception.

Friday was spent at the mall. Chris failed to mention to me that he should have been fitted for a tux 3 weeks ago, so I dragged him up to Men's Warehouse. (Grooms- give this information to the wives/girlfriends, please!) Then we hit up Nordstrom and California Pizza Kitchen. All day I was crying and dreading the CPK visit, because I knew it meant I had to share my spinach & artichoke dip. How pathetic am I? Chris graciously let me have more chips.. but as for Ellie, she is a hog! She ate the whole bowl. Spinach all over here face. Yelled and batted at the waitress like a cat when she attempted to remove the empty bowl. I contemplated a to-go order and Chris dragged me out of there. I am at the point in my pregnancy that I know I am still starving, before I put anything in my mouth. I am starting to scare Chris. Food will have to be given up completely once Baby Petes makes his/her appearance to get ready for my brothers wedding which will be 8 weeks later, so I need to take advantage now.. right?

The mall wore me out. Does anyone else feel that there is something in the mall floor that makes you exhausted? I can walk for days at a park, or in a neighborhood, ect.. but I walk for 1 hour at the mall and I feel my entire body is in shambles. How do people mall walk?

Saturday was spent in beautiful downtown STL for the annual downtown St. Patrick's day parade. Before we headed down to the parade we took Ellie to Crown Candy Kitchen. She shared a grilled cheese & chocolate milkshake with her dad while her mom took up the entire other side of the booth. I gave up candy for Lent, so I spent most of my time gazing at the chocolate bunnies (which is weird, b/c I don't like chocolate.. but I tell ya, when you can't have something, you dream about anything!)



The parade was a hit. Ellie loved running around gathering beads and picking up glass. Downtown is a gem. She even saw her first bout of public: indecency, intoxication, urination, and breastfeeding. HAPPY St. Pat's :) I think next year we need to get to the parade route a bit earlier, where we can set up shop down front with Katie's kids, where things sounded a bit more kid friendly. It was fun, but again I was worn out (Maybe I should change the name of this post to "Bitter, Tired and Hungry" b/c man, I sound like a brat!)
We did take home a great set of beads, and after that thoughtful's woman's suggestion of 'soakin' them in bleach before you let your kids knaw on them' Ellie has a new favorite playtoy :)



She did get to spend some QT with her best pal, Lilly, who was just coming up for a quick chat after being in the front lines of the parade route!

All in all the parade was fun, I think my body just was tired and probably would have prefered to watch Kay Quinn and Rene Knott give me all the scoop from the comfort of my couch. I promise to have a better attitude next year, or I will be stripped of my maiden name.

I promise, I am not as bitter and uncomfortable as I sound... but I did turn a corner this weekend, where I feel all 9 months pregnant. I seriously hate complaining, especially when my dad ran the St. Patrick's day race this weekend, and did horrible (no offense dad, he just didn't feel well and was disappointed with his results- St. Louis is hilly and he has barely run in the past year) and all he complained about was how slow he was.. and my mother in law goes through 8 hours of chemo a day.. so I can handle a little pregnancy ache & pain, right? I need to keep reminding myself of this.

I loved that we "sprung forward" this weekend. I love when it is lighter for longer and it means warmer temps (as it is snowing). I will take an hour loss of sleep anyday! I kept wondering why people were complaining so much in their status updates on Facebook about daylight savings.... then I tried to put Ellie to sleep last night at what her body felt was 7pm, no dice.

1 comment:

Courtney Callahan Paper said...

Dear Bitter, Tired and Hungry;
Thanks for your cheerfulness this morning.

Haha! Just kidding, looks like the parade was fun!



blogger template by lovebird