(I guess it's time to clean my mirror)
Man alive. Having a winter pregnancy/baby is tough. I can only pray that February keeps this up and March is just as warm. I had Ellie late late summer, whenever I felt massive huge and swollen, I would throw on a dress and call it a day. Dresses are not so much fun in the winter, because that would require tights, and that sounds horrific to me. Clothes are starting to get tight on me, where they aren't supposed to be tight. One lady last week told me to be prepared that weekend, because I looked as if I could pop any minute. Another lady at Einstein's told me that I looked no where near 8 months pregnant. I liked her a lot better.
Other than a few pesky clothes issues things are going pretty good. My swelling is minimal to nothing at all, which I will gladly take. My wedding rings are still fitting and a tad loose when I attempt to take off. Why is this a big deal for me? I was like so sad when I had Ellie and the last 2 wks I couldn't wear my wedding rings. I feel like I am carrying a basketball team when I walk.. I do not remember this the first time around. It was like smooth sailing all the way to the end, this time, I feel as if I need a walker w/ tennis ball feet to move around. I could cry in the middle of the night if I have to go to the bathroom and usually just ignore it. Good thing that happens rarely. I just basically feel 90 years old on most days, so now my body pains just match the other 90 year old activities I do (baths, constantly being cold, multiple blankets, show tunes, theater, needlepointing, now calligraphy).
Anyway... enough of my ranting..
Size of baby: The size of a pineapple per my trusty friends at babycenter.com. I would guestimate about 4 to 4.5 lbs.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am on the plus side of weight, we can just leave it at that. No more losing for me.
Maternity Clothes: you know, maternity jeans are funny. Mine are like big everywhere except the panel. So I walk around looking like I have a double stomach most of the time, since it cuts me off. I should have gotten the lower panel ones. Next time, next time. I wear jeans + a white shirt on a daily basis. I have a wedding next weekend where I will glitz things up and wear a black mumu. Things are getting wild!
Gender: Surprise! I think I am up to 11 votes on the right side of the screen, which means I have like 3 lurker readers. I am like so excited. Most of you think girl. hmmm. I will give you one little clue. My dad was the only one who said girl w/ Ellie, and now he says boy. I go back and forth. Chris said "he" last night, but he is adament on going by whatever babycenter.com says that week. We figured out that the baby will be called a "girl" or "she" in my 39th week, so now Chris is already crying about living in a house full of girls. Ellie and I are QUITE the drama queens and I am the first to admit it :)
Movement: Moving and shaking. Loves when I eat. Which is a lot.
Sleep: Well, I am starting to wake up a bit at night, but I can usually fall right back asleep. So I will give sleep a B+ this week.
What I miss: Let's see.. this week.. I miss normal clothes, and putting shoes on. I have decided that again, when being pregnant with Ellie in the summer, I never had this shoe problem. I live in flip flops or slip on sandals all summer, so I never knew what all the complaining was about. Well, I was being fancy on saturday when I went to a 30th birthday party at Shrewsbury Lanes and decided to wear boots. That's right boots. Good thing Chris was home to assist me in strapping them up. I will stick to my flats that I am more accostomed to wearing.
Cravings: This week's "omg, IneedtohavethisnoworIwilldie" is.... vegetables. I know, weird and annoying. But I am craving anything colorful. I think it is the weather. I have a real hankering for Daily Bread's Veggie Sandwich right now, and I have never had it.
Symptoms: Nothing too bad. Reflux has been minimal. No swelling. BP ok. I will admit that I am officially waddling, but try not too, so that makes things worse. Once I get over this cold, I will be good to go for the next 6 wks.
I am getting more and more excited to meet this little one and go thru the whole process all over again. Most of you know, I am like a tad obsessed with all things OBGYN related. I like could live in the labor/delivery wing or post-partum floor of the hospital. Hospitals are not fun, I know, we were in our fair share last year with my dad. The floors he was on were so sad and I left feeling dirty and crying. BUT, the post partum floors are so cheerful and clean and roomy and the nice nurses give you all the water/ice combo you can ask for, bring you meals on trays (yes, I liked what I ate in the hospital) and warm, cuddly, sleeping babies all day to love on. I can't wait to hear the late night knocks on the door with the sound of a bassinet being wheeled over the threshold and a nurse announcing "nursery". Gives me the chills every time. Baby Petes, we love you so much already & your sister is very excited to meet you (I mean, I am sure she is).. can't wait to meet you in 6 short SHORT weeks!

4 comments:
All the free ice and water you want? That does sound like heaven.
Can't wait to meet this baby boy! Yep, that's my vote!
No Courtney-- all the free ice/water COMBO. The machine is a combo and the ice is like so tiny and good ! Like Lion's Choice ice :)
2 belly shots on the blog?!? LOVE IT. cannot believe we will meet this babe in 6 short weeks. we are dying over here.
and my baby fever just kicked into high gear when i just heard knock, knock, knock "nursery" in my head.
damn you...
I cannot belive that you only hve 6weeks left! It seems like time is flying!! I too love our local Bed & Breakfast (othewise known as SJMMC). Everything is just a phone call away!! C-Sections are great b/c you get to stay 5 days...the best.
My vote is boy.
Love these updates....
Post a Comment