Okay, we currently have this in brown. Exact same set, but picture the monogram mPc :) I still love it.. but I want to add in a splash of something.
I thought a quilt would be perfect to layer on top of our current duvet. Love this Toile colleciton from Pottery Barn. I really want the yellow. Chris really wants the blue. I do like the blue, but we have a blue theme going on right now sort of, and I want something fun and new and bright. Our furniture is dark in there currently, but I have high hopes of upgrading to an all white set (you know, when we move in 10 years :) But I think the yellow could work with dark too?
Our headboard is white upholstered, which I love. Sort of looks like this, but more traditional. Anyway, here is the blue set. I do like it.. and looks super clean. Am I willing to compromise? Not too sure. Chris has given me full reign, but with the warning "I pick out the next thing" .. Like the next thing to go in our house? The next child's name? Our next car? I don't trust it one bit, so I may be willing to live with the blue.
What do you think?




10 comments:
Of course I am reading....and am happy to provide an opinion! I really like the yellow...but I am kind of digging the blue! I think it would look good with the dark furniture. You can't go wrong!
Plus...Isn't Chris a big hockey fan?? Some of those players have interesting names your son / daughter could be named after...just a thought.
Aren't the walls in your room blue? It seems like there is a lot of blue in there already for some reason.
What about some fun new sheets or a couple throw pillows to liven it up?
Oh, and I heard Kate Spade is coming out with a bedding line this spring at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Maybe you should wait?
Well, if Court is right and the walls are blue, that would make me rethink it. My vote is BLUE! I just got new bedding from Pottery Barn and went with an all white duvet and euros. I did these pillow shams and it seemed to give the room a little bit of color. Pillows are always the easiest and cheapest to change, although from PB, nothing is cheap! http://www.potterybarn.com/products/sienna-paisley-duvet-cover-shams-blue/?pkey=cpatterned-duvet-covers-shams
3 of my 5 readers have emerged from the woodworks. Now, I just need Hauck & Hirsch to comment, and all 5 of you are accounted for :) Thank you for the feedback.
1) Yes, the walls are currently blue- but I have been itching to change those too. I am like such a bore and want my entire house to be cream. I really live on the edge. this could be the perfect opportunity to change it up.
2) Chris will not have that full of a range on baby names. Let's be realistic here. He is a very big fan of nascar, and while Dale and Junior are fine and dandy for some people, I just can't picture that monogrammed across my sweet boy's chest.
3) pillows. I love pillows, Chris hates them. He would seriously love to have a bed, and one sheet. Maybe a mattress pad/cover. but Just one sheet. Ugh. I need like layers and texture and lots of blankets.
4) sheets. hmmm. Kate Spade sheets at BB&B, interesting!
5) UGH SARAH! That is totally the paisley print I want, but it is only available in the duvet and I am not ready to fully commit to getting a totally new set right now. LOVE IT. please post pictures :)
Thanks for the feedback ladies, I really appreciate it.
I'm here! I'm here!
Ok...not that my opinion carries any merit whatsoever considering I have such a hodge podge mix on my bed right now...but I like the blue. I am in such a blue mood lately...but love the idea of accent pillows to give a little pop.
I think I just died when I read Kate spade bedding. I knew I waited for a reason and not just because I am a mile procrastinator ;)
Alright, Hirsch here~ Soooo... I have 2 PB duvets and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... the crisp white looks sooooo beautiful in the morning with my hospital corners and non stop "smoothing" out that I do everyday (if Nathan makes it, I come home and remake it, to just get back in it in like 2 hours ~ not normal!). So with that being sad, stick with the blue and do what Courtney said and add some cool new throw pillows.
Or I just went crazy and got a new mirrored legged nite stand (does that make sense?) with an alligator black leather top for Nathan's side of the bed (bc yes, both the night stands wouldn't fit on either side, so of course I got one and he got the ground until last week) and then got these FAB almost "chess" piece lamps for either side that are white with black leather shades (TO DIE FOR!). So you could always do that, just get some new pillows and then add some new lamps to kinda change it up?
So I totally just turned this post into me bragging about my new purchases, cuz I am sooo proud~ but really look at Home Goods, you'll find tons!
Oh and they have also, some green, yellow and white artichoke lamps (I got green) that you could use for your dresser too! They are darling!!!
There I go again, showing off about my purchases!!! Really tho... keep the blue and add some bright accents, I don't think you can go wrong! Then when you get sick of the accents, those are cheaper to change and recycle to another room than a new duvet, quilt, etc. would be, right?
LLOONNNGGG post, sorry!
Did Ruggeri just tell you to put an artichoke on your nightstand? That does not sound like something you would see in a PB magazine? And - I just put up a blog post and you can see a glimpse of the pillows. I got my duvet on super sale! Love it. I just signed up for a PB credit card. 10% back in rewards - what a steal! (or bad idea b/c it's like crack for those of us who shop too much)
Kelly's sister Amy here...sorry I just lurk and not comment:) I really like the yellow and I might just get it for myself. Good luck!
O.M.dear.God. My first really comment???? I could cry!
helllloooooo i read your blog jerk! my vote is for yeller...if my opinion counts that is:)
Post a Comment