Tuesday, January 11, 2011

busy week

2011 has been a busy one for us! We started the year off with Chris' dad having surgery to remove his gallbladder. He was in and out that day and was super excited to have Ellie pick him up from the hospital. He is already back to normal therefore proving doctors DO make the worst patients. :) We are so happy he is feeling well!

We looked at a farm during a hurricane. Chris and his brothers started this farm business a couple of years ago, and it has truly taken over my husband's brain. He is obsessed with finding the perfect farm with a pond for swimming and bass fishing.

We celebrated birthdays! Uncle Tim and Uncle Brian both had birthdays this week! We celebrated a lot, ate a lot of junk food & cake and have had a LOT of family time. Ellie was a wild woman running after her cousins all weekend.

We hung out with my mom a lot because my dad went on his normal silent retreat at the White House. This year, he felt he was a bit sneaky by bringing in his iPhone specifically to play Words w/ Friends and look at pictures I texted him of Ellie. Speaking of my dad, he went to the doctor last week. He is having another scope to check things out on the inside and then will begin another round of chemo after that. He is starting to be back to his normal self and having more energy.

We skipped church because of the frigid temps and decided to play in our cottage instead! Ellie loves her cottage that my brothers and sisters gave her for Christmas. She has just about every toy inside that little house, and drags Bauer in by the collar.

And the biggest event in 2011!!! Ellie turned around in her carseat. I mean, really? (get a life, if this is my biggest event). It only took 16.5 months to turn around. She is right at the 20 lb threshhold, but her feet were hitting the backseat in her pumpkin seat, so I figured this was the lesser danger. So we upgraded all our carseats and flipped her around. The girl couldn't be more excited. She keeps looking out the window going "trees! trees!" like these trees just came out of no where. Her first flip around trip was to the farm.. but first her and her dad had to stop for donuts! Their favorite Saturday AM activity.
Next up in 2011, ditching the binkie & bottle and moving on to potty training. Any tips? Secrets? Discussions? I won't start potty training until 18 months, so she still has a couple months to go, and I by no means think I am going to be an expert and this is going to work at 18 months, but she is already showing interest, and brings me a diaper when she needs to be changed, so I thought we would give it a whirl. I am sure it won't be easy.

okay, I couldn't be more bored with that post either. I am sorry, my life is super boring these days.

3 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

Soooo glad that the bee is still enjoying her cottage!

KEH said...

yay ellie...congrats on facing forward! i'm sure you are loving the view!

please give me tips if you have luck with the potty training. i am convinced both ellie and lilly will be trained before ryan. why does my oldest have to be so stubborn???

Kelly Fleming said...

So, we totally did the 'naked' potty training method with Brooke. My friend reccomended after her kids tried it out.

She was a bit older-maybe 20 months? It took about 2 days before she had it down. She had accidents don't get me wrong, but from what I have heard that regressions is normal.

I give this method 10 thumbs up!!!

Let me know how the pacifier thing goes...Brooke still holds onto hers at bedtime...



blogger template by lovebird