Can Halloween ALWAYS be on a weekend? I said the same thing last year about Christmas. Can Christmas always be on a Friday. For us working moms, it is just perfect! I don't know what I am going to do when I have to rush home from my 9-5, to get my kids in some sort of a presentable costume and get out the door by the time the street lights come on.. When do you have time to make the chili? But I will make it work!
The weekend weather was amazing and Chris and I got so much accomplished. Chris went and scoped out a hunting spot and then he took me out for a date on Saturday night! I have a feeling I am going to like this hunting season a lot.
Sunday was focused on getting Ellie to take a nice, long nap.. I hung the black out curtains, and we were ready to go.. Too bad Ellie thought differently. After wrestling for about an hour and a half, she finally caught on and passed out cold. Once she woke up it was time to make our rounds.
Its' 2pm, and there is already chocolate on her face and Snickers drool on her dress. Looks like it's going to be a good night! Running after the candy that Chris is bribing her with to take this picture..
First stop. The Covent. This was always a tradition when we were growing up, before going out for the night, we went to visit my Aunt Carol at the convent.. So we decided to carry it on.. Aunt Kathy was there visiting.
Showing AC all her new ring-around-the-rosy moves. And stealing all the nun's candy.
Next stop.. Off to see Grandpa & Gommy. Chris' mom wasn't feeling too hot, so decided to stay home this year for Halloween. We couldn't kick off our festivities without seeing her first (We have many pictures of the two of them, but she has requested no one see them.. someone stayed in her PJ's a bit too long :) But Grandpa is always up for pictures.
And we're offffffff. After eating some of Chris' brand new chili recipe (I like it for many reasons, the most being it's lack of spiciness, and it quickness- he whipped it up in 45 minutes). My parents and Tim & Cheryl came over for the 2nd year in a row, had dinner and then went out on the town with us.
Ellie loves any excuse to ride in her Radio Flyer, and it just happened to match her ladybug attire! Momma like.
Chris and Ellie making their way to the first house. We live on a busier street, but have adopted the neighborhood that we border as our own (although my phone has yet to ring for a bunko club- this is my dream, to be in a neighborhood 'club'.. book, bunko, wine, poker, whatever I'll take it!).
Inspecting all the lights, smoke bubbles, haunted houses, and kids. Ellie LOVES kids. She is totally going to be one of those little girl stalkers that lovessss playing with anyone that gives a nod in her direction.
House #1. Chris told me to go up to the house, b/c the "old lady looks lonely in the window". So we thought that the little lady bug would brighten her day. Chris was wrong. I guess she feels that 1 year olds are too young to be eating candy. Whatever.
House #2. The grandma was outside with Lightening McQueen & Minnie Mouse. The mouse was hustling around inside on her cell phone and threw a candy bar out the door at the grandma, who appeared to not know what this weird day was.. Okay.
We did not take a picture of houses 3 & 4. By far my favorite. A dream house where neighbors gathered in the driveway sipping large goblets of wine around a roaring fire pit. Chris told me that if I wasn't pregnant, I would still be sitting in that driveway. They loved Ellie and Ellie loooved their dog, Honey. I want to move in. I am sure THEY belong to a bunko club. Sigh. I have found a new street to "jog" down and stalk.
Diving in to sucker #1 once we got home. I made Chris police the candy and take anything away from her. Needless to say, she does NOT like Daddy this Halloween. Chris announced this morning "Halloween is OVER". Funny for someone to say who hasn't been to the dentist in 15 years (is anyone else's husband like this? Or is mine just sick?)
Peterson's on Halloween 2010! Please excuse mom's greasy face-- it was a long day!


















2 comments:
SO DARLING! I totally had an "issue" with Nathan and the dentist... it was very close to Chris! Now I can say, he is at the dentist 2X a year! PHEW!
Umm...where does one sign up for the neighborhood bunko group b/c I am still waiting!!
PS-all of our trick-or-treaters had coolers and witch gobblets filled with wine-I felt like an outcast...next year I am prepared.
Post a Comment