Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Happy Easter! We have had a day filled with family, fun, sun & food. Way too much food. All I can think about is sleeping. Same w/ Ellie b/c she passed out cold on the 5 minute drive from my parents house to our house. (of course she is now wide awake jabbering on and on and on)

We started the AM at home.. looking thru Ellie's Easter Basket and playing with all the fun colored plastic eggs. Ellie's basket was full of: candy for me (after spending all of lent candy/dessert/treat free, I was so excited to have a Reese Egg this AM.. much to my dismay, they didn't taste as good as I remembered), a Fancy Nancy book of poems, Gerber puffs, a monogrammed beach towel, and bubbles!
(do not look at the stacks of laundry in the background, I am really backed up)
We headed to church and then headed to my in-laws house. I need to get pictures from my MIL, so that will be a new post. But we had bruch, and looked thru Ellie's second Easter basket: lots of food, formula, and a dolly and dress-up doll. Ellie is such a lucky girl. We missed Ellie's cousins, but Will was home w/ the flu.

After bruch, we headed over to my parents house. STL is having the best weather (I hope I don't jinx this) so Chris dropped us off and came home to mow the lawn and do somet thing around the house. When he left, Ellie was getting super fussy, and I looked in  her mouth, and her gums were so swollen! she has not made a peep about her teeth in the past few weeks, but it looks like there are a few coming in, so she was not a happy camper. We had a long fussy afternoon, without much of a nap. But she perked up for a few pictures, but we didn't get any of the 3 of us on her first Easter. 3rd Easter basket of the day.. complete w/ an adorable Mud Pie outfit, a giraffe (not to take the place of dear Sophie, just a new friend), a lamb and ANOTHER Fancy Nancy book! This one is the alphabet!

I could get used to this whole Easter thing!
Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh... Stop telephonin’ me! (Why do I keep singing Lady Gaga to my child?)
After playing some, taking some Tylenol, knawing on cold teething rings, Ellie was back in the swing of things for a bit. We had dinner with my Aunt's (they brought Ellie adorable socks, a super soft lamb, an Easter book, and a really cute duck rattle-- Thank you so much!), Timmy, Cheryl, and of course Harvey. Thanks, Mama!
Goodnight to all our favorite bunnies out there!!!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ellie bee - you must be pooped! Looks like you had a full day! Happy Easter!

Kelly Fleming said...

We too LOVE Lady Gaga...and Fancy Nancy :)



blogger template by lovebird