Thursday, June 18, 2015
tuning up the ole blog
Chris asks me on the daily if I have blogged lately. No, I haven't blogged lately. Life got busy, as always.. I got tired, as always.. and I got pregnant... as always, and blogging just seemed like another "thing" I couldn't complete. But I missed it. I miss the daily reminders of what our life was like at any given moment. I forget so easily what my kids were like at a certain age, what their little voices sounded like, the funny things they said, the sweet pictures I took. So instead of attempting to gather an audience, I am going to blog for us. So that one day I can reread all that I wrote over a glass of wine while my teenagers are out with their friends. And cry. I will for sure cry. I cry thinking of how I miss them at their current ages. Mostly at night when the sweet angels are sleeping, I miss them. During the day, when they are biting and kicking the crap out of each other I long for the days of sipping wine with Chris in a quiet clean house. I am trying my darnedest to soak in every minute of their lives and appreciate the crazy. The days are long, but the years are short. I repeat this over and over in my head on particularly long days.
So. Let's try and update this as quickly and painlessly as possible. August 2014-June 2015. What have we done.
- We went on our annual Callahan family beach trip to Watercolor.
- We discovered we were pregnant! We are thrilled to find out that baby #4 would be joining our crew in April, 2015
- Patrick turned 2
- Ellie turned 5
- Johnny turned 4
- Chris turned 35
- It's a boy! Ryan Kennedy Peterson joined us on April 9, 2015
- I quit work and started my adventure as a stay at home mom
- We moved! We left our sweet little started home and moved in to Chris' childhood home. We are renovating and updating it and bringing a lot of noise to a quiet culdusac.
I am excited to start gathering all of my thoughts. I have lots to share. Ryan's birth, our home renovation, and quitting a job that was so good to me for 10 years.
Glad to be back.
m


No comments:
Post a Comment