Tuesday, January 29, 2013

oh yeah, I blog

Sort of forgot that little fact. Where do I begin explaining my hiatus to my 3 readers..
Top 10 Reasons why I forget to blog..
1. Patrick. He sort of forgot how to sleep. And how to stay swaddled. And how to take a pacifier. Kid is killing me. What is it with these boys? Ellie, no problem. John, major disaster. Patrick, no problem for 2.5 months then BAM! Hit me hard. And where it hurts. I am a horrible night mom. I have friends that are fabulous night moms.  The kind that stay awake rocking, soothing, comforting their littles? Menotsomuch. I love to sleep, you know, at night, when you are supposed to sleep. I fully admit to ignoring my kids cries for mama, asking for water, and saying they need to go potty (okay, that is just Ellie and I know she can navigate her way one step across the hallway to the bathroom if desperate). Chris is the night time parent in our house. Wait, let me rephrase that. Chris is the night time parent for kids over 1 year old in our house. Babies, notsomuch. For the older kids, he is great.. potty, no problem, puke, who cares, fevers, he'll take em.. but the nagging nonstop crying of a 5 month old. Mister is out cold sawing major logs. 
Anyway, I got off topic. He used to sleep soundly. Now I hear his thighs crack the mattress every hour as he attempts to get out of the swaddle. Slap Slap Slap, that is all I hear all night. I peer over and see this...

 Stalker.
He is still pretty cute and really likes me a lot, so I always forgive and forget by sun-up, but manalive are nights rough here.  Blogging is tough when you doze off every 5 minutes.

1A. Patrick in my room. The kid is 5 months weighs as much as a toddler and has no bidness being in a bassinet in my room. The kid is long. We are in the middle of a big room overhaul. And by we, I totally mean just Chris, because I don't paint. We are transferring Ellie to her new room and the boys to a shared room. Peeps (all 3 of you) with kids in the same room, did you have the major anxiety of one crying and waking another one up before you transitioned?  Did it go smoothly once they were in there? Chris keeps saying that is what the hold up is in the boys room, but I don't believe. I sort of just think that is code for lazy, but I can't judge since I don't paint.
Anyway, Ellie's room is almost done. Just have to hang a few things on the wall, re-paint a dresser and pull it all together. My mom is barking orders at me and then I whine to Chris until he helps me put it together.





And John still sleeps in a storage unit... 

2. I have been binge drinking. I mean, really, when I was pregnant and watching countless hours of Dateline and Snapped, blogging was great fun. But when not pregnant drinking with friends trumped my mystery shows. No, mom, I do not think this is a problem. You know I really don't have that many friends! 
The holidays are rough, what can I say?




3. This guy has been sick...
That is all I will say about that one.. 

4. The two other babies, I mean the boys were sick from Thanksgiving-New Year's. We got hit hard with RSV, double ear infections, respiratory viruses, and pretty hair... 






5. Ellie turned into a one woman drag show.








6. I lost my camera charger
7. We got a new computer and I am a total moron on a Mac. I am wearing my glasses (since I have slept in my contacts since Thursday) and typing in the new minuscule keyboard and my writing looks like a 2nd graders.

8. Moose has become a ladies man, and keeping him under wraps is a job all in itself.







9. Our dog spent an entire month using our house as her backyard. We were at the Vet at least 6 times and tried countless different meds. Turns out, Bauer didn't have cancer or bad hips or blockage.. she has SEASONAL DEPRESSION. Damn dog is going to live for 100 more years now. I love you, Bauer, but we all know of my love/hate (more hate) relationship with dogs. Sorry, but it is true. I am happy to report that Bauer is now going to the bathroom where normal dogs should, outside. 

and last but not least.. This kid... Does not sleep... 
10. #PDiddy


Here's hoping that 2013 is my year.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird