Halloween 2012 was busy in our house. October came and went and all of a sudden it was the week before Halloween and we did not have costumes. Good ole Pinterest helped me out. I saw an Indian costume on Dear Lillie's blog that looked easy enough and I had all the ingredients to whip up a Cowboy costume, so bam.. Cowboy and Indian it was. Patrick was stuffed into the old Bumblebee costume for a few pictures, but was mostly in his skeleton pajamas.
Ellie took her part as Indian Princess very seriously. Oh and that tutu? Yes sirree, I was crafty!
Before heading out to the Hauck's annual Halloween bash, I made them pose for a few pictures. They were totally feeling it.
Patrick is my easiest subject these days. He sits still and stays in the exact spot I leave him.
much like these two.. ehh..
The Haucks always put on a helluva bash. Katie invited all of St. Louis this year, so it was packed with fun kids and adults to play with!
May the bumble bee was buzzing around in the bounce house.
And Ellie showed off some of her moves (who are we kidding, this was her one and only bounce and then she was out and stuck to my side like glue).
Finally Amy is home and the 3-headed monster is complete for all things holiday (bring on the cookie baking!) The Two Peas in a Pod were warm and cozy all night long! Henry is doing my favorite face ever. Always so serious!
Katie allowed the Barbie Jeep make an appearance and the kids were hooked. Well, really just cowboy Grady and cowboy Johnny. The boys hopped in their pink ride and took off. They circled the backyard a dozen times. Then the battery died. They sat out there until it was dark and they were the only two people in the backyard. Poor buddies thought the thing was going to just miraculously re-start.
Johnny and Lilly riding off into the sunset. A cowboy always let's his lady take the wheel.
After surviving the sugar crash of that party, we had Halloween night to look forward too. Halloween was on a Wednesday this year. I am not sure if Ellie was more excited for Halloween or dance to be cancelled (she is staying in that class damnit!).
Ellie got all her candy bags, the treat bucket, and a stool and waited at the front door for all the trick or treaters to come by (okay, we really need a new storm door).
Patrick got back into his prop where he stayed until he was stuffed into his Bee Costume.
What a sweet little bumble bee! Sporting the same costume that Ellie wore for her first Halloween. John was too big for the bumblebee his first time around.
Which one's Ellie and which one is Patrick.. Go! (Okay, so I don't think my kids look alike at.all but I do in these pictures, I was even having trouble)
Candy before trick or treating? Patrick says "No FAIR!"
After some stew, a few trick or treaters, and annoying pictures that I was sweating over, we were off!
Ellie did really great this year! She knew her lines:
Ellie: Trick or Treat!
Me (in a really annoying pleading voice): Ellie, say your joke, say your joke (nervous laughter)
Ellie: Put a little boogie in it.
Me: (nervous laughter) haha eh ha ha, the first part is how do you make a Kleenex dance..
crickets.
Anyway, she did really great. Maybe next year I should just stay at home. I think I just make everyone nervous.
And Johnny did good too. He was facing a few more uphill battles than his big sister. Mainly his long hair, his massive hat that was big for even his head, and shoes that were made for a 5 year old. The struggle he had with the concept of Halloween became apparent at the first house when he waltzed right in and sat on the neighbor's couch to watch TV. Turns out he picked the one house on the block where the kids had the flu. Su.per.
His jokes mostly sounded like "yes" as in, "do you want some candy?". Not quite sure how many treats actually made it into that basket of his.. his face and hands were pretty sticky when we got home.
I sort of want to remember John in this picture forever.
Meanwhile, brother stayed warm and just said no to candy!
After a wonderful night, we were ready to send October packing. Watching our kids teeter up and gain confidence at each house made us proud to be their parents. I disappointment myself with the lack of a theme costume. I already have decided on next year's, now let's just hope I remember it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment