St. Louis has been hot! I have said this already 900 times. But if one more person says to me "oh man, pregnant in this heat?" ... I am not a hot person. I don't get hot. I am currently wearing really heavy duty sweat pants while lounging around my house. The heat does not bother me, pregnant or not. BUT... it has been hot. Stick to the leather seat sort of hot. Any my kids get hot. Their little faces get red, they sweat, they stink, they smell. So, instead of complaining about it we eat a lot of ice cream and take a lot of baths.
School is just around the corner (tomorrow for some people). We have one more week until Ellie starts her NEW school. While we will be devastated to leave our current situation, we think Ellie is beyond ready to move into a class room with all kids her own age. New school means new school supplies!
As a reward for being so awesome in saying goodbye to her NeeNee, Ellie got a full fledged day at the spa.. ORRRRR Perfect Nails :) She requested orange, flowers and "farkles" (working on her S's). I have had nothing but perfect experiences at Perfect Nails, but unfortunately when Ellie went she was not treated like a customer, but as a squirmy 2 year old that obviously didn't need her nails done. I was almost crying telling the nail lady that yes, I know she moves a lot, and yes, that is the color she chose, and no I didn't care if they were a bit smudged.. that she was beyond excited to do this and was a paying customer just like everyone else in there. We switched girls for her toes and had a way better experience.
She even got herself dressed. Lipstick, pearls (of course) and a fancy dress. How could you be mean to that?
Purple flowers for my favorite girl!
Moose. Caught in the act. Last week toilet paper.. This week Crocs. What else are we going to find in that toilet this year?
The August calendar is officially up and we are busy! I went from knowing no one with an August birthday to being full to the brim! What a fun way to end the summer.
Not quite sure how I am going to fit 3 in the tub soon. These two pretty much take over the entire region!
Ellie loving laying in the bubbles. Her baths are usually followed by a shower these days. Our water bill is going to be outrageous, but she cannot get enough of it.
Had to put the black and white version up. I sent it to my parents. I was talking to my mom the next day and she asked me why I sent her an ultrasound picture. Seriously, Joanne, maybe spend more than $5 on readers. If this is the size of the child in my stomach, I have never been so happy that I am having a c-section.
I don't leave the house much. Chris' hockey is in full swing, the aforementioned heat, my large stomach, and my 2 kids have me chained to the confines of my home (not that I mind). I left last week to visit my friend and her cute cute baby girl. I was gone for 3 hours. The house was flipped upside down when I came home. Chris told me he would have more pictures, but the kids were jumping onto the house and across the chairs and falling on their heads and he just didn't get his camera out quick enough.
Can I tell you though that I love this stage. My kids playing together. They have so much fun in that little toy room of theirs, and it is just so nice when we get home from work/school.
I have lived in St. Louis my entire life and have never been to the Transportation Museum. I don't think we went many places when we were younger. 4 kids in 4.5 years, I wouldn't leave either. My kids went for the first time with my mom last week. They came back as members. They belong to every children's destination in the area now.
And our wild Friday evening. After a swing around the new Dierbergs (unimpressed), we came home to play outside and let Chris mow the lawn. Of course this meant water, of course that meant wet clothes, of course that meant no clothes, of course that meant no diaper for John. He loves to follow Chris around when he is working outside and loves a good mow as well!
Ellie then needed to get into the action! What good helpers we have! (don't look at my dead plants, please)
We finally accepted the fact that a baby is coming! We outdid ourselves this weekend and I can actually take a breath because we are ready! I for sure do not want an early baby still, but we are ready.

1 comment:
Oh Jo-Annie, how did you think that was an ultra-sound?!
Love all the new pics and can't wait to be home!
Post a Comment