Today I am 36 weeks. The baby is about the size of a crenshaw melon. If a crenshaw melon is the size of a small toddler, than yup, I believe this to be true. I overheard my mom on the phone the other night "Megan is HA-UGE". Even though my stomach is overtaking my body, my ears still work, mom. Sheesh. Things are fairly normal in our house. Really messy, toys and clothes everywhere, and no signs of a newborn whatsoever. I am so terrified that this child is going to pull a Gwen Patterson and try and escape early that I need to get on top of everything. So, what do I do? Make a list. As I do with everything, and rarely check it after making it.
A packing list for the hospital for both me and baby (example: my new fave swaddling blankets in pink and blue)
A list of dates I need to remember when I am not in front of an outlook calendar all day every day (example: Ellie's birthday party that I am having a few days after coming hoem from the hospital)
A list of things to do (example: buy a baby book, pick some names for this child)
A list of things to do for Chris (example: buy the kids a present from their baby brother or sister- John likes trucks, Ellie likes glitz and glitter)
An itinerary for the older kids for my sister (example: change John's diaper, learn how to change John's diaper :)
A clothing list for the kids at home. I fear that John will arrive at the hospital in a diaper covered in dog hair and an old t-shirt and Ellie will be in camo. Or if they are with my sister, John will be wearing a beret and skinny jeans and Ellie in a cat suit.
Afraid to give up control? Absolutely! I will be the first to admit it. I like things the way that I like them.
Wish me luck in finishing my lists and a needlepoint belt all in 3 weeks. (and baby, don't even THINK about heading south).

3 comments:
NO WAY are you 36 weeks! That is insane! I can't believe you will have 3 babies soon!!! Hope you get everything accomplished before he/she arrives :) My babies were both born by now! I couldn't have imagined wanting them to stay in longer!!
Megan, you make me laugh! Cannot wait for your new little one to arrive. :)
HEYYYYYYY!!!!!! What the heck?! I know how to change a diaper and I will not make John wear a beret. I mean Bastille Day has already passed.
Post a Comment