Thursday, May 17, 2012
serious help- update
My dad thinks I work for the Geek Squad. I get a lot of calls each week asking how to fix the computer, remote, TV, and iPhone. I do my best to stay patient, Google the best results, call Chris for help or spend hours on the phone with customer support. I don’t mind helping them, when I can find the answer. The thing my dad doesn’t quite get is that I am not really smart on the computer. I have no clue what I am doing. I can type really fast and I email like it’s my job (which it is sort of), but that is about it. I know nothing about computers. I blow on it like an old Nintendo game and pray to God it starts working. This brings me to being 3 weeks behind on a blog and 3 weeks behind on trying to figure out all this blogger crap. I have no clue what I am doing. From what I finally sat down and researched is that I am over my picture storage limit. Fine fine. I may have gotten 3 or 4 emails a couple of months ago to increase my size for the $5/year fee. I may have deleted those. Now I got booted into this new system, this new world of Google Chrome. Google Chrome is supposed to be a world of speed and greatness. So far it is a world of monthly payments and no fun! Basically since I deleted those 3 or 4 emails, I have been booted out and now the only way back into my blog world is to pay $2.49/month. Not a lot, right? But it is the principle! I don’t want to pay $2.49/month when no one else is paying. What am I missing? I looked up a blog on Squarespace, and those are $8 and $16/month. I mean, really? For me to keep an online journal? But the thing is, I have been so sad not blogging the past 3 weeks. I really like having a place to put all of my pictures. I am not a big album uploader on Facebook, a mobile upload here and there, but I like to keep all my pictures in one place.
Okay, further update. I am researching and typing and screaming at Chris for not knowing the answers. My picasa album- which I didn't know I had and linked up to blogger (again, not smart) is at 2234 MB of my 1024 MB storage. If you delete the pics from Picasa, they automatically get deleted from your blog. So I don't want to do that. Again, the only solution keeps bringing me to this $2.49/month scam.
Is anyone paying this?

1 comment:
Now that you mention that, I do remember paying a similar fee for a few bucks b/c of all the pictures I had. It has never happened since but I remember thinking $5.00 wasn't a bad deal. Glad you are back up and running!!
Post a Comment