Today marks 22 wks. I haven't gotten my update today so I don't know what fruit we can compare this baby too, and I am shocked I actually remembered I was 22 wks. Here we are. 22 weeks pregnant. 17-18 weeks to go. Doesn't sound like a long time, but I know it is, and I am welcoming this as we are a disorganized mess and no where near ready to bring a baby home. So baby please, take your time, relax, nap, move around... your brother and sister will be just as scary in 17-18 weeks as they sound today :)
I have no complaints 22 weeks in over here! We are chugging along at a very easy and normal pace.
We had our 20 week ultrasound two weeks ago and everything looks great. The baby was not so happy with the ultrasound tech poking and prodding and disrupting his/her sleep.. and gave us a sad sad face in the 3D views. This must be a permanent look on the poor baby's face, as his/her big brother is constantly jabbing, jumping, standing, pushing, hitting, and laying on my stomach.
I didn't even ask the tech this time if she could see what the gender was. Totally forgot. But if you are a heartrate gal (ahem, Erin), the heartrate was 160. What do you think??? As usual, I have no clue.
Ellie thinks the baby is 100% without a doubt a girl. Named Belle. BUT, if there are two, she told me the boys name is Timmy. After Uncle Timmy. Obviously. Timmy and Belle.
We haven't even begun to discuss names yet. I have a list and 100% without a doubt think I have the names signed, sealed and delivered. Chris thinks that this is 100% not the case. Sometimes I really don't know how I can not find out the genders of my children. I am the person that reads the end of the book first, can't watch a movie without knowing the end (Hunger Games) and NEED to know children's names. Let's just call this a lesson in patience.
I am sure we will go into the delivery room not knowing our baby's name, as with the other two, until we hear "It's a HEALTHY baby blank!" Somehow the names just fall into place for us.
I am pleased and proud to say that I have officially organized the heck out of our baby clothes. I mean, it was Mare Heff style. A label maker was involved. I was so proud of this project, as I have been putting it off forever. This baby is SET for clothes, boy or girl, we have a lot of stuff ready to go and in pretty good shape! I told Chris to not be silly and think we don't need to do any shopping for new little one. Everyone deserves new clothes, right? But at least we are in pretty good shape for the first weeks at home!
Our next big project that I will probably push off until the last week of July is kid's rooms. Where will everyone sleep. Will John stay in the crib. Will John mind sleeping in a neon pink room that was never quite completed because the person who was to be decorating keeps getting pregnant and using it as an excuse? All things that I will procrastinate until the last possible second.
If I had a million dollars I would buy my sister and make her be my own personal assistant and do all these things that I am too lazy to do. But hey, I did get those clothes organized.
We can't wait to add another little person to our mix. Ellie tells me everyday that she is going to sleep in the same bed as the baby and help give her a bottle. John is up and walking and preparing himself for what's to come (ha, as if he knew).
Oh yeah, no pictures..

1 comment:
You can buy me to come help! I'll do it!
Post a Comment