Thursday, April 5, 2012

1 year stats!

John had his one year appointment yesterday!


Weight: 23.5 lbs
Height: 29 in
Head: don't remember.
All 50th percentile. John is starting to thin out w/ this whole new walking and crawling faster than I can walk thing.

John started walking on 03/14/12. He took 3 unsteady steps to Ellie. He has now up to around 10-12 steps at a time and then drops to all fours and crawls like a mad man to what he is wanting. He knows that whole walking thing is a waste of time. I think he may change his mind after tearing up his knees further on concrete this summer.

John is a pretty good sleeper. Nights are 7-7pm. I plop him in his crib, turn on his mobile, give him a smooch, say goodnight, he gives a little wave, rolls over and is OUT! Some nights he reaches for his crib. Ellie has never done this in her life. Naps are a different story. Length is not consistent. He is still taking one morning nap, around 9/10am, but it could only be about 45 minutes.. then his afternoon one is around 2pm, but that is anywhere from 1-2 hours. I think I need to drop his morning nap, to stretch out his afternoon nap, but not sure if he is quite ready. The boy likes cat naps in the day!

John likes to eat. We are totally done with baby food and John is eating everything in site. He loves bananas, waffles, gold fish, spaghetti, mac and cheese, apples, vegetable soup (weird kids), and basically anything else you put in front of him. There are few things that I have seen him spit out. He eats when he is hungry and just sits and looks at his food when he is not interested.

John is drinking whole milk now. We ended formula about 2 wks ago and never turned back. We had no problem with the switch and I am slowly getting him off the whole bottle part now. I let Ellie have the bottle for entirely too long, and want to get John off of it so I can pack them up out of my sight for at least a few months before the baby comes!

John is a pretty quiet baby, but for sure can turn on the voice when he wants too. He says Mom (just mom), dada, goggie (dog) and EH (I swear this is for Ellie). With his past hearing issues and screenings, I am super interested in how his speech will turn out, but am being patient. So far I think he sounds pretty good!

John loves any toy he can push, pull, walk with, climb on or swing. He is all boy so far. Ellie has never been a climber.. John has already climbed out of the tub, not sure how he got his chubby leg over that, and got stuck on top of the closed toliet. I really hope we don't have to be those people with a crib tent. He loves the steps and can scale them in a nanosecond and will quickly be exploring the second floor. He is quiet and FAST which can lead to nothing but trouble..

Johnny is a sweet boy who loves to play and be with his mommy, daddy and "Ehhhh". He loves taking a bath, being read too, playing outside, being held, talking on the phone, playing peekaboo and watching his silly sister.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird