Monday, November 21, 2011

'cation in 'cago

We decided to hit the road and head up to Chicago or 'Cago for a little 'Cation! It was my mom's birthday weekend and she wanted to spend it with her favorite kids, so we couldn't say no! (Don't worry, Tim, they are only the favorites until more come along) (And yes, Tim, you are still her favorite child by birth). Anyway. We left daddy and Bauer at home and packed up Mimi's car!
No trip to Chicago would be complete without stopping at her favorite Steak and Shake. Or as Mimi calls it Steak AND Shake. John and Ellie celebrated by wearing their hats!

After 7 hours, we finally made it. My mom and I like to take our time. Food stops, gas stops, many potty stops for Ellie, construction and traffic. We were just happy we made it in one piece. The kids travelled really well, and once Ellie settled down in the car, we were good to go!
On Friday night we just went out for pizza and then came back to Aunt Cece's to relax. Or drink a lot of wine if you are over the age of 21. Same difference. We had to get to bed early, since we had a big day on Saturday. (The kids did not get the good night sleep memo and were up at 5 am)
Ellie was ready bright and early for a big day downtown... Off to American Girl!
Checking everything out with Mimi. The mass chaos of everyone in one store at one time was a bit overwhelming!
Finally, relaxing. When you make your reservations, you sign up for a seating time. Ours was at 12:30. We were already given a table number, so you just show up and a waiter seats you once the doors open. Genius as it avoids a ton of pushing and massive lines forming at 6am. We got a great booth right in front of the Christmas trees!
Ellie, Bitty Baby (who remains nameless) and John. John was trying to hold the doll's hand the entire lunch and was like flirting with her. He is going to be major trouble!
 Christmas is all set at American Girl.
 John wondering what his sister is feeding his date.
I kept texting Chris pics from lunch and he would just write back "Poor John"..  then I told him that I got John an "American Boy", and I swear I heard his tires squeal to get onto 55.
 dining..

 Ellie was so good during lunch! I think that everyone of my lunch/dinner plans should now be at an American Girl restaurant. They love kids, don't care how loud they yell, and they can spill anything they want. The funny thing is, I didn't see one kid crying, screaming, spilling. All the little girls were being as polite as can be.
 Aunt Kiki, Ellie Bee, Mimi and Aunt Cece!!
 Ellie and Mommy
Dessert! Ellie was seriously depressed. AG is a huge birthday locale apparently, and every other girl was getting a massive cake and a ton of waiters singing Happy Birthday to them. Everytime a cake would come out of the kitchen Ellie would go "Happy to Eddie!" or "Mine turn"? It was so sad. We were happy when her dessert came out, so she wasn't as sad. Also Mimi promised to buy her whatever she wanted. Sugar and money can cheer anyone up!
 John even got in on the action.. I can just hear my grocery bill totals chinging

Attempting a Christmas card picture. I figure, the more I take, the more chance I have that they both look in my direction, right?
Ellie...
 John....
 neither....
Thank you Mimi for celebrating your birthday with us at our new favorite place!

... back at Cece's getting organized to head home..
We were so so happy that we got to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. We were sad to be missing my dad, Tim and Cheryl, who stayed home for this trip. And we especially missed Daddy!
We love you Mom/Mimi and are so so so grateful for all that you do for us! You are the glue that holds us all together and the hard work you have put into raising all of us does not go unnoticed! We are the people we are today because of you, and we love you!
 Ellie is a Mimi-Stalker and loves a good smooch :)
 We would be lost without our Mimi!
 Happy Birthday Mom!! WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Aunt Cece said...

Happy Birthday Mom! What a great weekend celebrating in 'Cago. Please come again soon!!!!



blogger template by lovebird