Somewhere between september 30th and october 1st, my favorite little guy turned SIX months old! I cannot cannot believe that he is such an old timer already. I think this is my most favorite age. He is so happy, alert, smiling, laughy and fun.. but still can't move! I like it a lot.
The stats:Weight: 18.5 (the scale is getting a LITTLE tight!)
Height: coming soon
Head: coming soon
Sleep: After his normal routine of being fed, bathed, lotioned, swaddled and a quick FaceTime chat with his relatives, John is put to bed in the pack n play in Ellie's "big girl room" (she will be transitioning for good soon..). He is having a rough time still with sleep and we are generally up 4 times a night. We were referred to a sleep study at St. Luke's, but I think we are going to try a bit more doing our own thing before we go down that road. last night we did a slight variation of the sleep bootcamp book I am reading + crying it out and it worked really well.
Food: John looooooves food! Turning 6 months means lots more foods to try! Mashed potatoes, yogurt and bananas are on the menu for the week! We are making our way to 3 solid feedings a day + nursing.
Teeth: I have been blaming his fussy spells and lack of sleep on teething. "His teeth are about to come through", "he is super drooley, teeth" "I can feel a tooth on the back ridge" "here have some Tylenol".. turns out his teeth are no where near popping up. I guess I should put that Tylenol back in the medicine cabinet.
Sizes: John is all across the board in clothing sizes. He is generally in a 12 month. At 6 months, JP wears a size 3 diaper.
Sleep: After his normal routine of being fed, bathed, lotioned, swaddled and a quick FaceTime chat with his relatives, John is put to bed in the pack n play in Ellie's "big girl room" (she will be transitioning for good soon..). He is having a rough time still with sleep and we are generally up 4 times a night. We were referred to a sleep study at St. Luke's, but I think we are going to try a bit more doing our own thing before we go down that road. last night we did a slight variation of the sleep bootcamp book I am reading + crying it out and it worked really well.
Food: John looooooves food! Turning 6 months means lots more foods to try! Mashed potatoes, yogurt and bananas are on the menu for the week! We are making our way to 3 solid feedings a day + nursing.
Teeth: I have been blaming his fussy spells and lack of sleep on teething. "His teeth are about to come through", "he is super drooley, teeth" "I can feel a tooth on the back ridge" "here have some Tylenol".. turns out his teeth are no where near popping up. I guess I should put that Tylenol back in the medicine cabinet.
Sizes: John is all across the board in clothing sizes. He is generally in a 12 month. At 6 months, JP wears a size 3 diaper.
- Laughing. John loves to be tickled and has the funniest laugh ever. Mommy can really get him going.
- Ellie. His eyes seriously LIGHT up when Ellie comes into the room. She has some serious issues with personal space, but he doesn't care at all!
- Daddy! no one can get John to sleep like daddy can!
- Mommy. Still my little mama's boy :)
- walks. John loves sitting next to Ellie in the stroller and going for walks. He looks around at everything or takes long snoozes. If I could walk all day long I would knock out two things- being skinny and having a child that takes consistent naps!
- toys. Anything that can go into John's mouth is a favorite. He has almost knawed off poor Sophie's leg :(
- baths. my kids for sure take after me and LOVE their bath times. I have a new system where I put John's tub IN with Ellie while she takes a bath. he gets a little raft ride while I can do both at one time. He loves it, and of course his little stalker loves having him nearby.
Milestones: John is so so close to sitting up on his own, but he just isn't there yet! And no crawling yet. (I am secretly happy about that, a couple more weeks of an immobile baby is a-okay with me). John has found his voice, his hands, and his feet, and is the happiest baby.
Ellie came along to get her 2 year immunizations (she wasn't quite 2 at her last appointment). I jotted down her weight when she hopped on the scale to get a better look of her brother in the scale drawer...24.5 lbs (record keeping). She was super excited about going to the doctor with her baby bro and kept telling him to be brave for the shots, then she learned she was getting some too. She was not happy with me. Once the mean nurse was done with her shots.. it was time for John. This was equally devestating for her "no, not Johnny" and kicked the nurse. Somewhere between holding two screaming kids, pining down John's legs and arms, and praying Ellie doesn't kick the nurse again, Ellie popped her binkie in John's mouth and says "it's okay buddy". I could have cried! At least I know she will always protect her brother.
Happy 6 months sweet sweet baby boy! It has been a very hectic 6 months, but we wouldn't change it for anything!



2 comments:
way to go Johnny! love the update and yes the big sister love is sooo sweet. Made me smile:) Good girl Ellie! those Peterson kiddos are just TOO CUTE:)
Haha!! Pat Sweeney would die if he knew he "commented" on your blog and even worse if he saw what I wrote! That was from LISA SWEENEY.
Post a Comment