What's better than a whole lotta random thoughts paired with a whole lotta random fuzzy iPhone pics?? Not much. 4th of July weekend came and went. It was a fabulously long weekend with Chris home from Florida and our annual 4th party (pics/blog to come). We were lazy and layed around and spent a lot of time as a family of four.
Poor John.. covered in spit up and a creepy glassy eye... but he is looking pretty blonde, so it makes up for it :)
John and his stalker. I use this term in the NICEST way possible. We are cracking up about Ellie's obsession with her brother these days. Before bed time she has to give John a million huge smooches, when she wakes up in the middle of the night she cries out for Johnny, she told me she dreams about Johnny, she won't get out of bed or open her eyes until we tell her that Johnny is looking for her and then she pops up and scrambles over to him, she currently loves reading him an Elmo book called "I love you", she eats, sleeps, breaths her brother Johnny. Chris tells John that he feels sorry for him, because Ellie and I smother him already! I do admit, his cheeks are pretty fun to kiss!Oh and Daddy picked out a pretty cute shirt to bring Ellie home from his trip! Thanks for all the goodies, Chris!
Ellie thought this was sooooo funny to lay just like her brother. She said "gen, gen, gen" (again).. Ellie is SUPER repetitive. You can also see her almost full set of teeth. Her eye teeth have been coming in for months now, and are no where near complete. Poor thing.
We had our 5th annual 4th of July party. My mom and I worked like dogs on Saturday prepping the yard for the big party on Saturday (we had it on the 3rd of July this year due to work schedules).. only for it to start pouring buckets from 3-9 (basically our entire party). We had major plans for Bounce Houses, sprinklers, water balloons, wagon rides, activities, ect.. What can you do.
Fuzzy picture of some brotherly love on the 4th weekend. She attempted to carry him for the first time the other day. She grabbed him by the collar and pulled. Luckily I was right there to save the poor buddy.
Yoooou're a grand ole flag, you're a high-flyin' flag..and forever in peace may you wavvvvvee. I like to sing a lot of patriotic songs in my house. My favorite is Yankee Doodle Dandy, but I reserve that for only the specialist of times.
WHEW! Finally sister is sleeping... a few minutes of alone time with mommy! Now, I will admit, John is a total mama's boy. I can say this, since Ellie is a daddy's girl (with a slight obsession for mommy, but normally a daddy's girl).
Last night we hit up the pool. We figured since our weekends are so hectic between weddings, activities, naps, that going in the evening for a little bit after work is a perfect time. It wears Ellie out, we don't have to be super crazy with sunscreen (we are PALE people, folks), and it isn't too crowded (ie, I don't need to break out in a sweat pushing people out of the way for a prime seat under the most prime umbrella.. thoughts of my mom pushing kids out of the way at the Disney World Electric Parade come to mind). Ellie loved it and rediscovered the slide! I spoke too soon in one of my last posts.. she went up and down about 25 times. (Again, repetitive).
I was a bit overzealous and took both kids up by myself before Chris got off of work.. John in the stroller and Ellie thinking she was Summer Sanders had me a bit frazzled. She tripped a couple of times while walking and fell down with the water up to her shoulders.. the lifeguards must have thought I was crazy as I yelped her name and threw my body into the water to grab her. Totally turning into my mom. Anyway. Speaking of the lifeguards. They do nothing. One was like cleaning her teeth, a couple others were chatting about school in the fall, another was yapping my husband's ear off about how funny kids are (while my daughter was up to her nose under water-- insert crazy me leaping across the pool). Anyway, you really can't trust anyone else to watch your children other than you, including lifeguards. So I think that was the last time I take the kids by myself to the pool. It was too overwhelming. I can do a LOT by myself and I have been super proud.. but until we are regulars at Ackermann's swim camp.. I will always bring Chris with me as back up.
After an inappropriate popsicle break, Chris was there and we decided to hit the pool again. I sat with John in the shade while Chris and Ellie attacked the slides. All and all a wonderful holiday weekend.. More (and better) pictures to come when I get to the computer tonight. With the final verdict being read, my nights just became a bit more free.
oh and I may have been THAT mom that sent in her son's picture to a local pape for a cutest baby spread. The grandparents are all proud and my mother in law may have obtained over a dozen copies and may have been giving them out to anyone that walks by her house.

3 comments:
Great summer pics! And I would definitely be as frazzled as Joannie had I seen Ellie taking laps in the baby pool. Congrats to Jahnny for being the cutest baby in town!
Love the pics...and the LN spread :) Sorry we missed the partay!! We are totally there next 4th..if you'll have us :)
john boy is famous!!!
oh, and please call us. we would like to go to the pool in the evenings...
Post a Comment