Happy Father's Day to the best daddy two kids could have! Ellie and John are so lucky to have such a devoted, fun and loving daddy!
Ellie & Chris are tight these days... with their Saturday morning breakfast rituals, late night trips to Home Depot, daily running excursions, and what seems like weekly farm visits (Chris' never-ending quest to find/buy the perfect farm) they are best friends.
Chris puts up with my need for big bows, smocking and monograms and secretly enjoys all the times we get stopped in the street to be told how cute our kids are (annoying mom statement, I know). I think he loves the Kelly's Kid catalogue just as much as I do. And although I still need to lay out an outfit if I don't want Ellie showing up to a birthday party in white shorts, a size 6 month dress and crocs.. he will always plop a mismatched bow into her hair. Chris loves his little "Bitsy" to "Bits" and takes her on little dates...like to Fudruckers and then to the Blue's game. And was SO excited for his time with her alone while I was in the hospital for a week.
He for sure is wrapped around that little finger of hers, and Ellie gets away with a lot. Daddy gets a lot of kisses and Ellie gets whatever she wants! Works out perfectly.
When he became a father of two, he took it in stride.. Chris never lets anything phase him.. (I think I let things phase me enough for a small country). He spent the first night in the hospital with me, holding John.. while texting my sister to check in on Ellie. He loves to hold our kids and could stay up all night just holding them.When we heard the words "it's a boy!" Chris didn't react much. With John's delivery, neither of us reacted much until we knew he was okay. He told me it took him a while for it to settle in that he had a boy. I think he is finally at a point where he is dreaming of John's hockey & sports career and weekend hunting trips at his "farm".
He loves this little boy so much, and SORT of puts up with the smocking, monograms, and in this weekend's case.. knee high socks.. I like to think he lets it happen because he loves me :)
Chris has a way of putting both kids to sleep while laying with them that can never happen with me. He always pulls out the "sleeper moves"-- back rubs or forehead rubs.. and they are out!
Chris is the best daddy and we love him so much! We hope he had a wonderful weekend being showered with love, hugs, kisses, home depot trips, home improvement, mowing, yard work, margs, donuts and sleeping in (9am IS sleeping in now, Chris, so yes, you slept in :). Ellie, John and I love you so much! Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's day to my dad! Words cannot even express how proud we all are of my dad and his fight against cancer. He has taught us what it means to fight and I am so proud to be his daughter! He is the best grandpa to Ellie & John and loves them to pieces. ![]()
And Happy Father's Day to my father in law, Gary (and my brother in law, Brian).. I thought this article was so neat.. about father/son surgeon teams!

2 comments:
Hope you guys had a great fathers day! Love the article!
That picture of Ellie is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!! I LOVE their outfits!
Post a Comment