Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8 weeks & 21 months

John Patrick is 8 weeks old! And since this horrible mother has yet to buy a baby book for our 2nd child, I need to jot down some things that my baby boy is doing.

LIKES:

• EATING. My boy loves to eat. Currently John is nursing every 2-3 hours.

• Smiling. JP loves to smile, and has been smiling since about 6.5 weeks. He is quite the charmer and is most likely going to be a lady’s man 

• Cooing. My whole body gets the chills when I hear his sweet voice and coos. He is just the sweetest boy.

• Cuddling. My baby boy is quite the mama’s boy and cuddle bug. He LOVES to be held and would be prefer being held over most anything!

• Sleeping. John is still sleeping a lot during the day. The night on the other hand is a different story. John is usually up every hour. I am trying to get on top of this with his reflux medication and with him sleeping in a carseat, I occasionally get a 2 hour stretch in there. I am starting to get used to my exhaustion and have been dealing with nights better by watching DVR’ed episodes of Wonder Years and Oprah’s final season. (although I am slightly excited for tonight, my mom got me hooked to court tv and I have been watching /obsessing over the Casey Anthony trial

• Swaddling. Goes hand and hand with sleeping. John cannot get comfortable without being completely wrapped up. I cannot have enough swaddle blankets.

• His sister. Yahnny, as his sister calls him, gets a LOT of kisses throughout the day. He is starting to focus on her voice more and looks in her direction. She gets a lot of smiles out of him!

• Baths. Finally after a couple of tub baths, John has calmed down and has started to enjoy a quick soak.

DISLIKES:

• Not eating

• Sleeping at night

• Getting his head bumped by his sister

• Getting his diaper changed

• Getting his clothes changed

• Formula. I tried formula this weekend with all the wedding hoopla and he was not.a.fan. My battery packed hopefully is charged up for when I return to work. Hello janitor’s closet, I have missed you.

• Not eating

OTHERS:

• Diapers: John is wearing a size 1 diaper… and I have a feeling he is moving up to a size 2 soon. I like to note this because it just makes me laugh. Ellie was in a size newborn until she was about 5 months old.

• Reflux. We are back on the ugly reflux train. Ellie had it and now John has it as well. He is currently on 1 ML of Previcid 2 x day. For the most part I am seeing improvement, except for night a bit (where there is more of a tendency for him to be lying down). To help with this, John has been sleeping in his car seat for about 2 weeks.
• Clothes. John is all across the board in clothes sizes. He has pretty much outgrown newborns.. and is in anywhere from 3-9month depending on the brand.

John is the sweetest baby and I don’t mind one bit that he could cuddle for days with me. We love you John boy and cannot believe 8 weeks ago we didn’t know you! We are excited to watch you grow into a happy and healthy boy.
_____________________________________

Elizabeth Anne is 21 months old! And man alive is she a pistol.

LIKES:

• Food: Ellie eats almost anything. She loves vegetables (corn, peas, green beans), bananas, waffles (with dip aka syrup), spaghetti, mac and cheese, turkey, cheese, ice cream!

• Anything girly: she loves purses, lipgloss, makeup, shoes, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, lotion, brushes. I do not know how she got this girly.. those who know me will wonder the same thing.

• The potty. Her latest obsession is the potty, and wanting to sit on the potty. So we sit. Nothing has been accomplished quite yet, but for now, we will sit and wait. My goal is by the end of the summer when she turns 2, she will be fully potty trained… but we will just see how this goes.

• Water. Anything and everything water. She loves baths again. Drinking bathwater is her favorite activity. I yell the entire time.. stop drinking the bath water! So she just turns around and puts her back to me and drinks some more. Gross. She loves washing her hands with bubbles.

• NEE-NEE. Her beloved beloved binkie. I am slowly but steadily knocking this thing out. BUT, John still uses one and it saves me with his reflux, so I cannot cut him off of it. She steals his everytime I turn my back. But I am getting more of a backbone with her and taking it away from her. Only naptime and bedtime at this point.

• Singing/Dancing. Current faves: Hot Potato by the Wiggles, Row Row Row your Boat, Wheels on the Bus.

• Playing outside. Anything and everything outside.

• Books. Spot is still her favorite.

• Playing in the car.

• All her school friends.. she likes to go over and over their names. Dadee & Maisie especially.

• Brushing her teeth.

• Singing
DISLIKES:

• Food: Most fruit.

• Bedtime

• When you tell her no

• Time out – bottom of the steps. She sometimes just walks straight to it when she knows she’s in trouble. I have to leave the room b/c I laugh so hard.

• Her carseat

• TV/Movies.. why? WHY!? How is she our child.

• Sitting still. Ellie has ants in her pants.

Words/Phrases

• Mommy, Daddy, Yahnny (Johnny), Bau (Bauer)

• Here! Here! Here! To coincide with Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? (Whenever you call “Hey Ellie?”)

• MAAAAAA! Ellie kissing anything and everything

• Cocks! (Crocs)

• Shoesies, Sockies, juicey, snacky, Icey.. everything is “y”

• Ssshhh! With her finger to her lips when she wants John to stop crying.

• “swing” pointing to John’s swing when she wants him to be put in there.

• Side! Side! Side. What I hear all.day.long. Ellie loves to play outside and these horrible cicadas are really preventing this from happening. I refuse to be out in my back yard as they are everywhere.

• Slide.. every park is called “Slide”

• “go????? Daddy go???????” Where did Daddy/Mommy anything go. She hates when people leave.

• Bus! Loves a good yellow school bus.

• What’s that? This is the latest and greatest. We ask what is that for EVERYTHING.. I have a feeling this is a precursor to “WHYYYYY?”

OTHERS:

• Ellie takes one nap, from 1-4:30 everyday (it is desperately needed) and goes to bed at 8 everynight. We wake her up in the morning around 7.

• She is wearing size 3 diapers.

• Size 5 shoe, with her inserts (she will go back to PT in August to reassess her feet)

• Clothes- mostly 18 months, but some things are 12 months.



Ellie is the sweetest girl and is always ready for a laugh. She is super determined and won’t stop until she gets her way. She likes everything just so, and you will know what the “so” is really quick. She is very busy and does not sit still. She loves to talk and sing and be a big helper to mommy and daddy. Ellie is the best big sister and runs into my room looking for her Yahnny every morning first thing. She is sweet to her friends and loves everyone she meets. Chris and I love our little bitsy (ellie bee, bits, bee, beesy) so much and say everyday “how is she so cute?”.

3 comments:

Kelly Fleming said...

Love the update! Brooke was obsessed with the Wiggles...I had Fruit Salad stuck in my head for a year...

Aunt CeCe said...

Love, love all this information about E & J! And that picture of Ellie with the bracelets looks exactly like you!

KEH said...

Totally agree court... Mini Meg. Not sure on jp yet...but love all the pics of that lil' ging.



blogger template by lovebird