Thursday, December 30, 2010

merry christmas! 2010

Merry Christmas from our family to yours. Quick post with lots of pictures. Just wanted to get it up there, I feel like I haven't posted in weeks! I have been off work since last week and truly love every minute of it! I don't want to be on the computer when I can be running after Ellie!
Ellie had a wonderful 2nd Christmas filled will lots of family, lots of hugs and kisses and LOTS of presents.
We have a pretty good Christmas schedule, but never enough time.
Christmas Eve- Chris' first Christmas Eve off work I think in our whole relationship, and we couldn't have been happier to have him home! We ran all sorts of errands and then went home for naps and to get ready for the night's events. Christmas Eve is spent with my family. We went to 4pm mass, which was packed and hot. Chris ended up walking Ellie around in the lobby the entire time while I sat and people-watched (of course while listening to the sermon).
After that, it was off to dinner at my parents house followed by a looooong present opening! We have a lot of people in our family now, and Santa really outdoes himself. It is my most favorite night of the year.
My mom always has the best food and drinks and presents :)
We were so happy to have my sister, Courtney, in town for almost a week! And my sister in law Cheryl, who is in town, but after having a few condo issues of their own we haven't seen them too much lately.
Chris sipping his Champagne concoction that Courtney made. Please make those again next year. Thank you!
Ellie diving into the snack table. Yes, we recycled her dress from last year, and I was so happy we could! We have gotten such good wear out of all her clothes.. Thanks little peanut!


My brother Sean and Catherine were in for a couple of days from Chicago. Sean was living in New York for 6 months, but the week of Christmas marked his first week back in the Windy City. We are so happy to have him back in our time zone, but I know he will miss all the rush of NYC. BUTTT he gets to come home to his beautiful fiancee and work on wedding plans :) They are getting married Memorial Day weekend. We love Catherine (we call her Kiki- don't ask) and cannot wait to have another sister.
Courtney and my mom setting the table. Next year, we are going to have to add a kid's table..
Courtney and Cheryl modeling the crowns from the cute favors Kiks gave us. An old English tradition! I think we liked them too much.



Ellie liked ripping them off everyone's heads too much.

Santa came while we were having dinner! What a sneak!
Ellie waiting paitiently for the adults to finish dinner. Not really this year. But I do remember really hating for them to finish eating. My dad likes to eat.
The proud grandparents, missing Bauer, but I think my dad would have thrown out his back had Bauer been in the picture.
Ellie was the official present opener. She loved helping everyone unwrap and was slightly interested in what was inside.
reading her NYC book from Uncle Sean and Aunt Kiks! They wanted her to always remember her time in the big apple


Ellie got a Bitty Baby last year for Christmas-  yes at 4 months- her grandmother could NOT wait. So this year, her baby got a LOT of accessories. A high chair, and lots of other fun stuff!
And a box :)
Jammer time and time to "unwind" .. right. right.
Christmas morning with our little family of 3 in our house. I love our tree. Almost sad that it will be going down this week. But we have a little house, and I need the room back. See you next year tree, you have been good to us!
Ellie's new love. A Rody Horse much like the Hauck girls, but ours is a giraffe!
Her very own mop and glove set. This girl loves to clean, yet my house is always a complete mess. You do the math.
After we spend time as a family at home and eat a small breakfast, we head over to Chris' parents for Christmas day. Ellie was busy running wild and playing her piana all AM!

Chris' parents in front of their beautiful tree. Ellie has 2 cousins, William is 4 1/2 and Greta is 2 1/2. I need to get more pictures of the 3 of them up, b/c Ellie loves running after them and Will is SO good with the girls it makes me want to cry. Sweetest boy ever. Greta & Ellie are going to get into a lot of trouble together.
The Petersons girls in our Christmas aprons that Chris' aunt sent us from TX!
Attempting a shot of the boys. but this is how it turned out :)
After no naps, we still had one more stop. My family's annual Christmas party at my cousin's house. I LOVE going there every Christmas night. The best dip ever resides at that party :) It is so fun and my family always has a little bit of drama, but who doesn't. Unfortunately I haven't been able to really get down and dirty with everyone the past two years, b/c a night party w/ a toddler who doesn't nap isn't pretty for anyone involved. Does Christmas just ruin my baby? She has been sleeping since the 26th I think (oh except for 4am this AM when she was wide awake and we were watching old episodes of the OC, which I secretly LOVE).. I love love love Christmas, always have, but it is soooo much greater having a baby to share it with . Next year I will have a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old and I couldn't be more excited.
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.
Back upstairs to wait for Ellie to wake up (it is 10am) and to wait to hear the news about a baby coming to town today  :) Baby Sweeney is due to be born in the next hour and we cannot WAIT to hear if it is a boy or girl. I am saying boy right here right now.. but I am always wrong.

2 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

Great post! What a fantastic holiday. And you were right about Jack!

Lisa S. said...

You WERE right about Jack! Good work! Great new posts-love it all:)



blogger template by lovebird