Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ellie's First Bee-Day Party


We had Ellie's first birthday party on Sunday. We just had our families over and a couple of friends w/ kids around Ellie's age. We didn't want a huge massive blowout. Just something fun and simple at home. Obviously, I did a "Bee" theme for our little Ellie-Bee. She did pretty well, but was a bit overwhelmed. Definitely wasn't her chatty, silly self.
I copied off of cupcake stands before me, and wrapped up a couple of boxes I had laying around the house and the trimmed them in the black/white/yellow colors. Courtney made toppers for each cupcake. I cannot praise Sam's cupcakes more. 30 for $12.00 and they were good!
A couple more views.
I was trying to be creative with the treat boxes, but I couldn't pass up a good Chinese take-out box. I got them in black and then glued the wooden bee on them. They were filled with the standard cheap treats that you get at any kids birthday party, candy, bubbles, ect.
I scoured the land looking for a Honey Almond or Honey Vanilla.. something honey.. bubble bath. I was going to put the bubble bath in Mason Jars and give away to the mom's at the parties. But I couldn't come up with anything, and time ran out. Next party! Instead I used the "Bee Good to Yourself" tags on the kid's treat boxes. Doesn't make much sense, but still cute.
Ellie's message to all her friends! Someone asked if there was a Mizzou Golden Girl theme. I think it works for both :)
Happy BEE-Day Ellie! Poor Ruggeri had some trouble reading this sign. I am going to just blame it on the wedding she attended the night before.
Black and yellow tissue puffs over the window.
Yellow & white balloons everywhere.
The birthday girl playing with the balloons before all her guests arrived.
I didn't feel like cooking for this party.. so we settled for Happy Meals from McDonalds for all the kids. I highly recommend this for every party. Kids loved them, they were cheap, and easy clean up! Ellie may have had a few fries.
Grandma and the birthday girl warming up
My parents got Ellie an adorable white table and chair set from Pottery Barn Kids. She loved it. I think it will be a perfect spot for a tea party, breakfast, an after school snack and one day homework!
Outside where we had chalk and bubbles for all of Ellie's friends to play with. I didn't know sidewalk chalk could be such a hit. This was our first time with it. I love how our back patio looks w/ all the rainbow colors.
Chris and I got Ellie a wagon. Chris' brother, Bryce, set it up for her and away she went. I think she could have sat in this thing all day. She was hanging onto the sides and so happy to be going for a ride. She let all her friends in for a spin around the backyard too.
The fun really started when our friends Jack & Sara casually mentioned they had a bounce house in their trunk. I mean, who carries around a bounce house in their trunk. Sara does. So off the wagon went to retrieve it, and in a matter of minutes, the house was inflated and the kids were having the time of their lives. Thanks so much for sharing Jack! We loved it!!

After a quick change, it was time for more bouncing.
After all our friends left. It as time to strip down to a diaper and look thru all the loot! Ellie has such good friends!
The child's first experience with a cupcake is a post all in itself. I didn't have time to go thru all the pictures on my break. I will get those up tonight.
Thanks for everyone who was a part of Ellie's big day. We cannot believe we have a one year old running around.

4 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

Great post Meg! And great party Ellie!! You were the cutest birthday gal I have ever seen! xoxoxo!

Suddenly Sara said...

Happy Birthday Ellie-Bee! We had a fabulous time! So glad you liked the bounce house! It's an all time favorite around our house.

KEH said...

We had sooo much fun at your party ellie! So glad we get to continue the celebrations all week!!!

Katie said...

GREAT party Ellie and thanks for the shout out about my drinking issue the evening before!!!



blogger template by lovebird