Thursday, July 1, 2010

quick post

Just a few random thoughts. I will write up a big 4th post for the weekend, in the meantime, no pictures, so I will probably lose 90% of my readers (aka, Aunt CeCe and Katie. Joanne will still read when she checks her computer in 6 months).


Another rough week in the sleeping department. Lisa, feel free to say "I told you so" my bragging days of a good sleeper are long gone. As Chris tells me, we went 10 months without a peep from her.. and in her defense, she has a crooked-looking tooth popping out from her top gum, so that could be the root of all this evil (no pun intended). The past few nights, we have reverted back to newborn days and have been taking turns rocking our sad, tired Bee to sleep. Or Chris takes her downstairs and sways to soft music with her. WAIT, who am I kidding, we have been pretending not to hear her cry, fake sleeping hoping the other sucumbs to the crying, and screaming at eachother about who takes care of Ellie more. How many teeth do baby have? 20, just looked it up. Man, I cannot do this for 17 more teeth. I can't help but laugh when she wakes up though. Because once we finally give in and get her out of her crib, she smiles so hard since she knows she won. At 3 am, I will let her win if it means going back to bed within the hour.

Chris is about 6 weeks away from finishing the basement. But in true Chris fashion, he ordered carpet to be installed next week. So he has been working everynight down there from the minute he gets home until about 2 am. He comes to bed looking like a mummy, covered in layers of drywall. I know he is having so much fun down there, and is going into withdrawals that it is almost over. He told me he had a few ideas up his sleeve for home repair after this is done. That is fine with me, I am still waiting for a pergola over the back patio, and a finished laundry/craft area. I have been taking pics, documenting his hard work, can't wait to take pics of the finished project. He told me last night he dreams of a job in construction. Guess this is right after he finishes his over-the-road trucking career.

So, I listen to Pandora all day at work. And my Pandora stations are highly HIGHLY embarrassing. (As I am sure you know, Pandora is an online choose-your-own radio station, you type in an artist, it brings up all similar artists/songs, that is your playlist). A few of my stations: Wicked, Teen Pop, Brittney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and on tap today, Whitney Houston. I accidentally just unplugged my headphones, not realizing that Whitney's "Emotional" was playing, and my whole office got a taste of what I do all day. EMBARRASSING. I am just glad it wasn't "Under the Sea" or something of that nature.

After having a week off of doctors, appointments, my dad went back to all 4 doctor's this week. His infection is finally cleared up, and he can move forward kicking cancer's booty. He will go in next week and have his port put in and then start his first chemo treatment on Friday. The dr explained that this treatment should be pretty low on the symptom scale. Meaning, he won't lose his hair and hopefully the side effects will be very minimal. The doctor mentioned at one point in the next few months, he will need radiation, which carries more side effects. All of the treatment is to keep the cancer at bay and be on top of it, pancreatic cancer is one of the most agressive forms of cancer. One doctor told us that 80% of patients with a tumor like my dad's go in for surgery and immediately come back out, since it has already progressed enough to make surgery pointless. 20% have the surgery, which was my dad's case. So we are already on the positive side of things! My dad has had a rough couple of months with the infection that has caused him to be so sick, and we know we have more rough road to travel, but we will make it! I know it. He is starting to act more like himself and actually is going into work a few mornings a week and driving now that he is off all the pains meds. It is so fun to see my dad have enough energy to interact with Ellie and all of us.

Okay. Only time for a quick post (did't even re-read or spell check, so my apologies), have to run home and start cleaning for our big weekend. Up next: 10 months! and 4th of July!

4 comments:

Aunt Cece said...

You will never lose me as a blog reader! Good post even if it didn't have pictures!

Lisa Sweeney said...

I would like to know why I didn't get a mention as one your faithful readers??? oh but I told you so!!! She will start sleeping again I am sure-just gotta get thru this teeth stuff first. I am sure you have tried tylenol.. we are totally giving molly a dose before bed these days b/c she is cutting teeth left and right!!! Hang in there:) Have a great 4th party-so bummed we're missing it!

KEH said...

nice try, but you cannot get rid of me that easy. maybe ellie needs to do a little river walking? i'm going to sleep like a baby tonight!

can't wait to hear all about the par-tay. try to have some fun without us. :(

Amy said...

Ummm I read your blog too.



blogger template by lovebird