Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 4 Part II

Every year we have a 4th of July party at our house. It is Chris' dream to have this huge event with potato sack races and bourbon slushes. We are about 50 people short. But every year we have friends stop by throughout the day, and we always have a fun time.
This was the first year that we had some rain, but it didn't last long, and soon the masses were back outside. Chris BBQ'ed and the kids ran around like crazy. Our parents always come over, and they were a huge help watching Ellie while we got food set up.
I had one of my sister's friends, Ellen, make a dress for Ellie. She does really cute monogrammed and smocked outfits, bibs, ect. I loved so much how it turned out. (email me if you want Ellen's info, I can't seem to find it on Etsy right now). My brother kept calling her The Queen, b/c of her collar.
Gretch was nice enough to let us borrow her pool. It really outshined Ellie's $5 mini pool that we had set up. The kids were in it all day, until Chris whipped out an old school slip n slide that my niece Greta had a field day in.
Uncle Sean was in town for some much needed Ellie time. Sean lives in Chicago and travels a lot for work, so his trips back to St. Louis are few and far between. I recently just found out that he does not read my blog. If you can't count on family to read you silly blog, who can you count on?  (Lisa? Katie?) Sean is totally devoted to Ellie and Ellie is finally warming up to him ;)
Our fanciest friend Gretch came in a revealing Patriotic number! Someone needs to design a swim diaper made especially for infant string bikinis.
My dad has been feeling great! He started his first chemo treatment on Friday and we walked 7 miles on Saturday AM! Seriously amazing. I was huffing and puffing and he suggested running at one point.
My best friend Amy (one member of the 3-headed monster) was in town with her fiancee John. The St. Louis gang loves John! They are getting married in TWO MONTHS! Am, are you ready? They stuck it out until the morning, but when I woke up, the guest room was empty. Amy has a tendency to disapear in the mornings. I am guessing it was 1) to hot in the guest room or 2) she could hear Chris snoring. Ellie had me up at 6:30 and she was already gone.
Gretch was showing Ellie and Grady the ropes in her pool. As long as the fountains were "turned down", there were smiles all around. 
Anne came over for a little bit with her dad, Tim. We missed Kath, who had to work. Timmy lost all hope when Anne catapulted in the fountains fully clothed without a swim diaper.
Once the kids went home, and Ellie fell asleep.. things got a little wild. Chris' staple party event is flip cup in the garage. And our ever-trusty 4th guests, Ben, Dawg & Molly along with Amy, John, Katie, Nate, and Sean stayed to partake in the fun. Ben was another one that disapeared in the AM. Why don't you people sleep in, you don't have kids, sleep the day away!!
Dawg & Molly went and watched fireworks, and then rolled their cooler back in for the fun. Molly had some fly fishing to do, late night, so we got her dressed for the main event. Can you imagine her stepping into a river in these? She would be swept away. Crazy things happen in this garage. We have furniture, waders, one year a motorcycle, 2 fridges, and countless coolers.
Fly-fishing in Kirkwood, Missoura. Shortly after I realized that I did in fact have a baby who was in fact sleeping upstairs, so I put myself to bed. That was about 3am. Chris rolled into bed at 5 am! At least it wasn't like last year when I was 8 & a half months pregnant waking up to my brother Tim, Chris and Ben oven-roasting Chicken Wings and singing "Proud to be an American" over and over and over at the same hour.
It appears that things got more out of hand, and the worm was brought out. I obviously have many pictures that will make it's way into a slideshow for Amy & John in September.
Here's to another 4th! Can't wait to see what next year brings.

4 comments:

Lisa S said...

GOOD WORK MEG! YOu finally got that part 2 done-thank you very much:) we will be there next year fo sure-we prefer bigger pools though. thanks.

oh and yes I want to know this ellen girl and what else she can do. Ellie was TOO CUTE on the 4th!

Amy said...

Yes I am ready! AND...I did not leave b/c of Chris' snoring. I left b/c of Johns.

KEH said...

so sad we had to miss all the fun. we all decided next year our FL trip will be the week after the 4th! no more peterson parties without us.

amy...2 months, not much! you need to invest in some ear plugs my friend.

Aunt Cece said...

You can count on me to read! And comment on every single one!



blogger template by lovebird