Monday, May 17, 2010

A is for Amy!



With everything going on at home, I considered sitting out for a weekend of fun in Arizona to celebrate Amy as a bachelorette, but in the end decided to go and am so happy with my decision-- much needed trip. Amy Lou is one of the heads of the 3-headed monster. Katie & I are other two. We met at Ursuline Academy. Katie & Amy were friends first while I was sowing my wild oats at Rosati Kain (really good trivia question about me, b/c no one ever knew I did a stint at RK. Especially my husband). I met Amy in honors algebra (insert laughing now) when I wondered who the little blonde blinking girl was. Turns out it was our little Amy Lou and as they say, the rest was history :) Amy introduced me to Katie, and the 3 of us became besties

This past weekend, we all boarded our planes and made our way to the Desert! Katie & I came from the Lou, Amy travelled from Chicago, Jenny from Indy, Meg/Amy/Jill from the Denver area, and we all met the groom's sister, Nicole for the first time and she travelled all the way from Rhode Island. Such a fun group! Amy's parents have an amazing place in N. Scottsdale. I have never been to the desert before and was fascinated by it. The weather is amazing-- hot during the day, a little cooler at night, and not a hair frizz in sight! Maybe I should winter there? And did you know that it is illegal to cut down a cactus? Me either. We spent our days lounging by the pool, sipping on some Mike's Hard, and discussing all things celeb related, and our nights by the fire discussing all things inappropriate. My stomach is still hurting from laughing so hard and lord knows what was coming out of our mouths. We made some lucky vineyards really happy with the amount of wine that was consumed. It makes me really excited for the wedding in September! I, of course, forgot my camera.. but luckily I was bunking w/ a tourist, so I stole most of Katie's pics for my post!
The 3 headed monster near Katie's favorite bush!
Sisters. Jenny & Amy. Jenny is almost 8 months pregnant with her 4th baby, a boy. He got a tad sunburnt during the day!
The gang's all here! Bubbles, Lil' Weeze, Calli, Hicksy, Nic, Weeze, Tals, Sticksy. All we are missing is Justin Bieber, Jessica Biel, Jake & Heath.
Was NOT my idea! We went to dinner and then on the advice of some local cougars, we ended up at Cocomo Joe's.. An Applebees turned "club".
Katie was mistaken for the bachelorette and was one lucky lady when this guy crawled across our table to serenade her.
Our tablescape. Dinner was cooked by Top Chef Hicksy. Thanks Cabana boy!
What a fun weekend and thank you to J.Scott & Kath for opening their home & cars to us for the long weekend. Can't wait to do a repeat in St. Louis-- minus the cool pool, hot tub, fire pit setting, McDowell Mountain background, cacti, peni, asparagi, ect!

I think Ellie missed me and was super excited to see me when I got home. Chris was very proud that they didn't go through more than 2 outfits the entire 4 days. Needless to say, Ellie had a long bath last night :) Just kidding, Chris did a great job as Mr. Mom and had fun spending some time with his favorite little girl. 


A wild 4 days makes for a super interesting Sunday night. I found myself sobbing in bed about Brothers & Sisters and a preview for Grey's Anatomy. Sunday night shakes are the worst!

**Quick update on my dad: He is being released from the hospital today! WOO! We can hardly stand it, we are so excited. He will go home w/ a picc line so that he can continue to have antibiotics that will fight off his infection. Next up: Getting him strong enough to attend the rehearsal dinner & wedding this Thursday & Friday! He is so excited for Tim & Cheryl, and I know he will do whatever it takes to be there. I continue to thank you for thoughts and prayers!**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel like I am a celeb! Had so much fun, still don't really have a voice. Thanks for coming, I wish you would have talked a little more, but I can deal with it. SOOO happy JC is coming home today!

Lisa S said...

go JC!!! So glad he is home and will have a good three days to gear up for the festivities. he will be there with bells on!

Great post-fun group is right. Can't wait for the wedding Amy!!!!



blogger template by lovebird