my husband.
I take Chris for granted. I do. Yes, his hockey season can be a bit stressful (with him being out of the house the majority of the week Sept-March) but he loves it & is 100% committed to it. His commitment is one of the reasons I love him, so it just works. I complain WAY too much about it (need to stop that). Chris takes care of his family. He does the laundry, takes out the trash, let's me drive his car whenever I want, shovels the driveway.. I could go on and on. He makes me laugh. He is hardworking and dedicated. He is passionate about his projects (although the basement may be losing some passion). He loves his dog. He loves his little girl. And he loves me. We love you dada!!

this little squishbug.
this picture just makes me laugh. she is really getting ready to let out the worldes highest pitch screech. A friend of our family told me the other day "Ellie is going to be a screamer when she goes to school" . Yup sounds about right. Don't worry, Ellie-Bee.. I will always sympathize with you. My report cards frequently said "excessive talker, high spirited, loud" (we get the point). Ellie is the sweetest little girl. She loves to be held, laugh, talk, sing, play and dance! We are so lucky to be your parents, Elizabeth Anne!
the lodge
yes yes yes. I can hear the laughter all the way from the computer... Chris got me a personal trainer for Christmas. Best Christmas present ever! I love my early AM workouts. Even though I find it impossible to get out of bed at 5:15 when the alarm goes off. I come home energized, feeling good about myself, organized and ready to start my day. It makes me a better ME, wife, and mother. And the best part-- I don't have to do it when I get home :)
Now if summer would just come so we can hop into that lazy river.

our parents.
we could not do anything without our parents. my mom watches Ellie on mondays & wednesdays and my MIL watches Ellie on friday. Going to work knowing the Ellie will be safe, happy and healthy makes this going back to work thing all okay! I know she has the best time and comes home really tired! Ellie loves her grandparents. And she is lucky to have all 4 of them!
(Ellie goes to a wonderful babysitter on tuesday & thursday. Our good friend friend Gretchen goes there!! Soon her new baby brother, Grady will be joining the gang! We are extremely blessed with our current child care situation)
bauer. Chris & I got Bauer right when we first started dating. It makes us so sad that she is almost old age. But you would never know it.. she is just as wild as she was the day we brought her home. We love our precious "first child". Poor Bauer had a rough summer (according to the vet) about the upcoming arrival of Baby Petes. She has since settled into her roll as "big sister" and could not be more bored with Ellie. She is so sweet and loves to be petted and go for runs w/ Chris (not me, b/c I don't run). Ellie is just starting to notice Bauer more and is in awe of her.
candy.
I think because Valentine's Day is right around the corner, or maybe b/c I have Ellie's 1st birthday party theme on my mind, or maybe I am turning into Kate Murray. But I love candy!!
summer kids clothes.
My mom & I spent more money than necessary outfitting Ellie for Summer 2010. But, in our defense, she is going to be a very busy little girl this Summer. Uncle Tee-Tee & Aunt Cheryl are getting married and Ellie has to look her best for summer pictures.
Besides the collection we bought out from Kelly's Kids, I also shop at Baby Gap, Woman's Exchange, and Boden.
I am so sick of her Bundle Me & getting her all bundled up to go outside, so we are ready for the Bubble Summer 2010. Not sure why I spend all this money on clothes, the girl loves being in her diaper.

my iPhone.
oh how did I ever live without one? What did I do on our drives to Chicago when my husband wanted to drive in silence, watching cars go by? What did I do at work at my lunchhour? How did I look up directions, phone numbers, websites? How did I go to the gym and not listen to the music (okay, let's be honest, there was no gym prior to the iPhone either). How did I ever find out what Katie & the girls were up too w/o Knocking Live? How did I take pictures of my baby? How did I send videos to all our relatives. I think Chris sometimes misses me not taking over his all day & all night.
work. yes. yes. laugh some more. but, I am so blessed to have a stable job with a decent paycheck. After having a c-section with Ellie & lengthy hospital stay, I was terrified of account balances on hospital bills. I recently checked my company benefits website, and every last dime was covered. How great is that? Ellie was FREE :) I have a wonderful boss and flexible hours. I couldn't ask for anything more with being a newbie to the mom thing.
more loves to come.....






2 comments:
I love this blog! You are one lucky lady Megan Annie! And I can't believe that Ellie was free?!
this is adorable. ive been awating your blog for ages. slightly disappointed in the summer kid's clothes section... that a certain maternity + baby store in chicago is missing...
Post a Comment